To all the Prohm Haters...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
'
4 years of frustration, seriously? I get last year, (and part of that was due to a horrible player imbalance set up by the previous guy) how many seniors did they have 5 or 6?
But Prohm dug out of it

Hilton is still a snake pit, but you need to come with terms that teams will lose at home sometimes. Duke lost at home, UNC got blown out at home, it happens.
Prohm has been fine sans what was a rebuild from last year. Road wins historically are bigger when it comes to seeds in the NCAA tourney.

His in game adjustments and his inability to adapt. There are times you question it but this has grown into an urban legend, top 20 in offensive and top 25 in defensive efficiency sure points to adjustments and good coaching All coaches need to work on their skill no doubt but overall these guys are well coached.

Guys are getting a lot of open looks, and if they miss at least we know they have the ability to stop teams at the other end. Pretty sure that block was huge towards the end of the game last night.

His recruiting you contradict yourself here you say high school recruiting is great but his transfer program sucks. Ever stop to think that Fred needed to do the transfer thing because his last couple of years of high school recruiting were nothing but swings and misses.

ISU should bring in no more than 1 or 2 transfers per year

You cannot bring 3 high school kids a year and then bring in 3 transfers too,
You will end up like ISU did year before last with 6 guys leaving the program at once turning over nearly half a team in 1 season is never a good thing.

You are a passionate fella, and I don't question your ISU support, but it is concerning that you cannot enjoy at least 2.5 of the last 3.5 years, because its been great really

Fred Hoiberg never went undefeated at home.

2nd to last game at Hilton was getting worked by Baylor the last 5 minutes, and then his last game vs. OU where ISU was down 37-18 at half, his 'adjustment' was streetball and it screwed up OU's players.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Yes. And the Hoiberg teams tended to take quick 3s with a small lead late.

Apparently it’s like relationships. The further away you are from them, the better they were.

It’s absolutely insane that people who are ******** about the offense at the end of games, pretend that Fred didn’t have an end of half/game offense that entailed Royce/Lucious/Kane/then Monte dribbling the ball and running the clock out ending up with a desperation heave consistently.

Also apparently we scored 30 points a game on inbounds plays.

It’s perfectly valid to criticize prohm for oob plays, and stagnant offense at the end of games. There really is no need to make **** up

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
When was the last time you said you wanted prohm to be fired?
I know you’re the guy from a couple years ago that whined about people not donating enough on the football boards. You got banned after arguing with me 2-3 years ago.

You have plenty of time since you respond to me quickly. Look at my post history.

I was gonna stop posting to not out you but you asked for it.

• Agree
Reactions: rochclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Apparently it’s like relationships. The further away you are from them, the better they were.

It’s absolutely insane that people who are ******** about the offense at the end of games, pretend that Fred didn’t have an end of half/game offense that entailed Royce/Lucious/Kane/then Monte dribbling the ball and running the clock out ending up with a desperation heave consistently.

It’s perfectly valid to criticize prohm for oob plays, and stagnant offense at the end of games. There really is no need to make **** up

Yeah, I've still had issues with some of his substitution stuff (although last night he seemed to stick with a lineup that was working) but 11-7 in conference was incredible under Fred, but 12-6 under Prohm isn't meeting standards.

• Winner

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Yeah, I've still had issues with some of his substitution stuff (although last night he seemed to stick with a lineup that was working) but 11-7 in conference was incredible under Fred, but 12-6 under Prohm isn't meeting standards.

Raise the standard, I guess

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Imagine Fred's teams playing better defense...

In other words, I think Coach Prohm is on the right track.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
he coached through Niang however offensive sets weren't his they were 100% the same Hoiberg system and sets, players had much more autonomy to self manage and they called a lot of their own sets. I don't understand why you are hung up on a quote from prohm during the Kansas game, versus my entire point being about half court sets and slowing tempo. chill out there amigo...

It wasn’t a quote from prohm, you idiot. Fran frashilla said it. And it was conjecture not complete fact.

• Funny
Reactions: Cat Stevens

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
It wasn’t a quote from prohm, you idiot. Fran frashilla said it. And it was conjecture not complete fact.

Do you ever get through one post without name calling? I dont really know what you offer around here other than to be a hater with anybody you dont agree with.

Holy hell, between you and ISUChippewa I havent seen anything quite like this. Do you two get together and devise an attack plan on which posters you plan on insulting every day?

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Do you ever get through one post without name calling? I dont really know what you offer around here other than to be a hater with anybody you dont agree with.

Holy hell, between you and ISUChippewa I havent seen anything quite like this. Do you two get together and devise an attack plan on which posters you plan on insulting every day?

Her, Cat Stevens, and Chippewa are feisty people.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Her, Cat Stevens, and Chippewa are feisty people.

Yeah, I saw her at the Hy-Vee classic texting on her phone the entire game, probably calling out haters on here instead of focusing on the game. Cat Stevens is on my ignore list, Im not going to let anybody that joined months after me tell me what I can and cant post, and I dont know much about this ISUChippewa guy, but he seems issues with alot of people on here.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneFan4

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah, I saw her at the Hy-Vee classic texting on her phone the entire game, probably calling out haters on here instead of focusing on the game. Cat Stevens is on my ignore list, Im not going to let anybody that joined months after me tell me what I can and cant post, and I dont know much about this ISUChippewa guy, but he seems issues with alot of people on here.

Not really. I just have issues with people who try to make an argument with a straight face that a team who won the Big 12 tournament but then laid a giant turf in the NCAA tournament against a #14 seed still had a better season than a team who also won the Big 12 tournament and also won a game in the NCAA tournament, which is what you did last weekend.

And yeah, I also have some issues with posters who take personal shots at me. God Forbid I stand up for myself.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

That line got some beer spewage, nice one.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Monte’s play with Denver has really made me question Fred. Much of Fred’s success may have just been Monte. I think Prohm is a better coach than Fred. I didn’t like the hire but I really like Prohm now.

• Agree
Reactions: Yellow Snow

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I haven't read the entire thread, but I'll just say I love Fred and Prohm. We were horrible before Fred, Fred made us relevant, but people act like he made us a perennial contender.

I'm not convinced that Fred ran better sets than Prohm to close out games, but we could give Georges the ball at the top of the key for the final four minutes and he'd make any coach look good. Prohm did this with Niang's senior year, and with Monte/Deonte the next. This team plays better defense than any of those teams, but doesn't have an elite player to take us through crunch time.

Let's enjoy the ride.

• Agree

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Monte’s play with Denver has really made me question Fred. Much of Fred’s success may have just been Monte. I think Prohm is a better coach than Fred. I didn’t like the hire but I really like Prohm now.

Didn’t Fred have two years with Monte (frosh as a backup, and soph) and Prohm have two years (junior and senior). Not sure I understand the argument that our success in 13-14 and 14-15 was based on an underclassmen guard but the success of 15-16 and 16-17 was not based on that same player as an upper classmen.

CFH and CSP have been with very good point guards in most of their years at Iowa State. We were good before Monte and we are still solid.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Didn’t Fred have two years with Monte (frosh as a backup, and soph) and Prohm have two years (junior and senior). Not sure I understand the argument that our success in 13-14 and 14-15 was based on an underclassmen guard but the success of 15-16 and 16-17 was not based on that same player as an upper classmen.

CFH and CSP have been with very good point guards in most of their years at Iowa State. We were good before Monte and we are still solid.

Yeah, you’re right. I was fighting strawmen

• Funny
Reactions: CloneFan4