Bill Snyder finally retiring

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Well the state of Kansas is battling for 10th in the Big 12. Can't get outdone by Ku and Pooka.

And it is not like Kansas State didn't have time to think about this. Snyder was about 150 years old. He was eventually going to retire and/or die and the AD seemed pretty set on not hiring from within. When is the last time that an outside new coach was hired and kept an entire staff in place?

The very most an AD can do is ask if the new coach would speak to the current staff to see if any would be a fit. But that's it.

• Winner
Reactions: khardbored

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I understand the fans blowing hot air here but best to wait to see how it plays out. I'm confident our AD will make the right choice. I was not a fan of the NTexas dude, as already stated, so as a K-State guy, I'm good presently.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I understand the fans blowing hot air here but best to wait to see how it plays out. I'm confident our AD will make the right choice. I was not a fan of the NTexas dude, as already stated, so as a K-State guy, I'm good presently.

KSU has been nothing except 27 years of Bill. History is against you.

Reactions: Scott34

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Instead of poo pooing people here, explain who you want and the rumors in the Little Apple then.
Leavitt? Klieman?

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
And it is not like Kansas State didn't have time to think about this. Snyder was about 150 years old. He was eventually going to retire and/or die and the AD seemed pretty set on not hiring from within. When is the last time that an outside new coach was hired and kept an entire staff in place?

The very most an AD can do is ask if the new coach would speak to the current staff to see if any would be a fit. But that's it.
This

Reactions: khardbored

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Littrell also wanted a buyout exemption for OU. He will have lots of choices. This wasn’t a good fit.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Yeah, it’s not like Klieman was the first one that won championships there. He kind of stepped into that success.

Stepping into success is one thing maintaining it another, it seems to me he has done a good job of doing that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron