Bill Snyder finally retiring

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I've long felt NDSU's Kleiman would be the pick due to his ties with the A.D., his record at NDSU (66-6), his style of play being Snyderesque, and the multi-level cultural fit. But we don't know today just as we didn't with Littrell, who I seriously wondered about when he was the hot list pick due to his style being diametrically opposed in every way to Bill's. We had our Ron Prince moment. Once is enough. #emaw
If long to you is 3 days.... you certainly have pulled a fast one on your wife.

• Funny
Reactions: wxman1

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Holy ****, it's worse than I thought was possible. KSU wants a new head coach, but with all of Synder's assistants

If you want to keep the assistants (ie Snyder Jr) then why not just promote Snyder Jr and keep everyone? So dumb.

This reminds me of a hire somewhere from years ago, might have been an olympic sport at UI. They fired the head coach for "a change of direction" and then promoted the assistant coach. Smooth.

• Useful
Reactions: Scott34

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Don't you think that Littrell determined he has a better avenue of landing the OU job if is isn't at KSU? That has to be his dream scenario...ending up at OU...and it seems that if he took the KSU job it might make getting to OU more difficult for a variety of reasons.
Good point. Whatever his reasons, I am glad he is remaining a Mean Green.

Reactions: cyfanatic
L

LincolnWay187

Could this be some Bs tactic by ksu to go grab someone else who came avaikable late

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Good luck with that. Why on earth would you bring someone in and not let them assemble their own staff?

I think it's somewhat common in the NFL, but man, you're just asking for trouble trying to do that in CFB. Also, Littrell should rent out his chin as billboard space. Holy cats.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think it's somewhat common in the NFL, but man, you're just asking for trouble trying to do that in CFB. Also, Littrell should rent out his chin as billboard space. Holy cats.

I don't know about that. I've heard of an incoming GM getting saddled with the current coach or vice versa but rarely if ever do you see a coach not getting control over his own staff at either level.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Maybe Littrell is looking somewhere else. I think the KSU staff is fine, but to expect a coach to come there and keep the assistants is out there. BTW, if they do let the current KSU staff go, CMC should get on the phone with their OL coach. The Wildcats seem to always have a very good OL.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Here's who they'll end up with:

screen-shot-2017-12-07-at-9-49-51-pm.png

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Littrell or his cadre is clearly leaking a lot of information to his benefit. I suggest you discount anything he says going forward as he wasn't the choice and is obviously butthurt.

Doesnt seem like there's a better candidate on the board for KSU right now so...