Bill Snyder finally retiring

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Chris Klieman is getting this job. He'll be good enough to maintain but isn't a guy that can win more than 6 or 7 games consistently, especially if Miles starts to take some of the Kansas JUCOs.

I have no idea on whether or not he can get past "6 or 7" wins each year but he certainly has earned the opportunity! We have no idea how Klienman will approach this opportunity if he lands it (in terms of recruiting style) but I feel this would be a great hire for KSU!

• Agree
Reactions: wclarson

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
kuloses.gif

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
FCS championship game isn't until January 5th. Can KSU wait that long to hire a coach? Signing day is already only 12 days away and KSU has 9 commits. KU has 1 btw.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
KSU really needed Bill to retire, announce anyway, the week before our game. This is looking like a Barta paved road. We will see

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Klieman would first need to understand that he is getting less talent at KSU than he does at NDSU.

Bingo.

Also, right now he's walking into every G5/FCS recruit's living room flashing 6 rings and saying you can come go 56-4 in 4 years and win 3 or 4 national titles.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
If Klieman is their guy, then I'm not really worried. I'm also not convinced it is him.

The FCS directly to Power 5 head coach is extremely rare and even FCS directly to FBS head coach is rare these days.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If Klieman is their guy, then I'm not really worried. I'm also not convinced it is him.

The FCS directly to Power 5 head coach is extremely rare and even FCS directly to FBS head coach is rare these days.

I'm not all that worried about whoever they hire until that person proves they can win there. So far the only guy who has been able to do so just walked out the door.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I've long felt NDSU's Kleiman would be the pick due to his ties with the A.D., his record at NDSU (66-6), his style of play being Snyderesque, and the multi-level cultural fit. But we don't know today just as we didn't with Littrell, who I seriously wondered about when he was the hot list pick due to his style being diametrically opposed in every way to Bill's. We had our Ron Prince moment. Once is enough. #emaw

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I've long felt NDSU's Kleiman would be the pick due to his ties with the A.D., his record at NDSU (66-6), his style of play being Snyderesque, and the multi-level cultural fit. But we don't know today just as we didn't with Littrell, who I seriously wondered about when he was the hot list pick due to his style being diametrically opposed in every way to Bill's. We had our Ron Prince moment. Once is enough. #emaw

Can you point to somewhere on here about your prediction?

It seems convenient and suspicious.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
They might have to hire Sean Snyder just because they don’t have any other options.

I was thinking the same thing. It could actually come down to that. Has he even been mentioned as getting an interview for it?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
To be fair, I think anyone NDSU hires will be successful with that culture.

• Agree
Reactions: cyrocksmypants