Alright WSU fan here

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I'll say I would be absolutely shocked if David decided not to play.

Yeah, David had a rough year with the injury and the suspension. He need to have a good showing in the bowl game to improve his draft standings. Heck he didn't even make all conference this year. Kid has something to prove, and he most likely will.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
In addition to getting Alamo bid for "3rd place" above Camping World (justice, considering ISU beat WVa for tiebreaker), playing Wazzu is more intriguing than getting Syracuse.

I'd be more confident of beating Syracuse, compared to Washington State. I'll accept that risk.

First P5 team ISU has played in a bowl since '09 (Minnesota). That's a nice change. Also, Iowa State's first bowl game vs. a Pac-8/10/12 school.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
About not getting a better bowl.

Nothing was said about ISU's program.

Why is this so hard to get, and why are fans so quick to be combative with an opponents' fan that's just checking in?

The Valero Alamo bowl is the PAC 12's #2 bowl tie-in, so that wasnt good enough for them out of the 14 team PAC-12? What were they expecting, the Rose Bowl? I guess my advice is beat Washington next time.

By the same logic ISU fans should be "bitter" about getting destroyed in Austin because it took away our Sugar Bowl that hand had been hand selected as ours. Im extremely happy Iowa State got the Alamo Bowl regardless of who we are playing. Saying they should have gotten a better bowl is arrogant.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
About not getting a better bowl.

Nothing was said about ISU's program.

Why is this so hard to get, and why are fans so quick to be combative with an opponents' fan that's just checking in?
Not just that, but feeling like the table was set for bigger things and then some widely recognized poor officiating put a stop to it.

Kind of like the Blarge in the NCAA tourney.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Always love it when opposing fans show up to tell us how disappointed they are that they have to play us. Looking forward to disappointing yall again on December 28th.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: CY88CE11

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Guessing Ames is the same

oh god he told em to shove it last Sunday night.

Someone even created a fake flight 2 days in a row monday and Tuesday from Lubbock to Pullman and back and someone found it on the second day. WSU and tech fans were losing their collective minds on chat boards. Someone even staked out the airport and it never showed up.

To clarify, I meant that he left Washington State to come Ames where he got no support from the AD. No recruiting budget, crumbling facilities.

He never had a chance.

• Agree
Reactions: DarkStar

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The Valero Alamo bowl is the PAC 12's #2 bowl tie-in, so that wasnt good enough for them out of the 14 team PAC-12? What were they expecting, the Rose Bowl? I guess my advice is beat Washington next time.
Unlike the Big 10 (and now, unfortunately, the Big 12) the Pacific League can actually count. It was Pac8 when I was there: 2 Washington schools, 2 Oregon schools, and 4 California schools. They became the Pac 10 when they added the 2 Arizona schools, and Pac 12 when they added Utah and Colorado. They have never had 14 teams.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
In all honesty, I prefer Washington over WSU. Washington embarrassed the TOE in the Rose Bowl, all WSU did was give us Walden. I'm still scarred by those years he was here.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

By the same logic ISU fans should be "bitter" about getting destroyed in Austin because it took away our Sugar Bowl that hand had been hand selected as ours. Im extremely happy Iowa State got the Alamo Bowl regardless of who we are playing. Saying they should have gotten a better bowl is arrogant.

Holy ****. Are you the type to go to a bar and start up some reality show type drama?

The fans are disappointed that they lost, and didn't get a better bowl as a result. Iowa State fans would surely be feeling underwhelmed if they had a chance at the Big 12 title game the last game, and didn't pull through.

Iowa State fans should be bitter about bad scheming at TCU since just a little 'spark' on offense like putting in Purdy late for a few drives may have maximized their chance at a win there.

Goodness.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'll say I would be absolutely shocked if David decided not to play.

I would too, but he hasn’t been asked that I’ve seen.

I think peavy kind of addressed it yesterday too.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I am intrigued with this match up ... not just the Leach angle.

OP: What is the WSU defense like ? What is your preferred style of O to defend? Have they seen WRs like Butler or RBs similar to Montgomery?

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
What you want to know?

But first:

Yes WSU fans are bitter, but expect that to last about 12 hours as this is our record 4th bowl in a row. WSU fans travel well, very well and will sell way more tickets then you think.

This is a good football team and they play very good defense. Should be a fun game.
I was in Seattle for TG and watched the Apple Bowl game. Disappointed your guys did not win and felt the sting just like when we lost to Iowa in our first game this year. Your team reminds me most of West Virginia in the Big 12, so this should be a very good game. Enjoy the tremendous atmosphere around San Antonio and the Alamo Bowl!

• Friendly
Reactions: keepngoal

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
They are 10-2 and had obvious targeting call vs USC not called and it cost them a 1st and goal at the 8 then missed a FG and lost. Lost the apple cup in a blizzard by 12 points and were dumped 5 spots in the polls.
16240.jpg
16240.jpg
16240.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron