Alright WSU fan here

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
If I was a WSU fan I’d be sad now too. Miss the New Years bowls by getting screwed then get paired up with a not so relevant power 5 team. It’d be like if ISU had a great year just missed out and then had to play an Oregon st. Team that had a good year.
Sucks to be them.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
I was in Pullman last month on a road trip and here are my notes:

-As I headed towards Pullman north on 95 the view up on the hill of Lewiston, ID is spectacular
-Went North over that hill and immediately met light brown wheat fields for miles around as far as I could see
-Stopped by the visitors bureau and was told my best chance of finding Mike Leach mid-week in the morning was to go to a local coffee shop. I tried two coffee shops on Main Street. Coffee was good, but no Mike.
-Tacos on Grand & Whitman outside of this abandoned train station were worth the stop.
-Parked and walked around Martin Stadium and then tried to somehow get inside to no avail. But i was easily able to get inside the building and walk around the athletic offices. People were very friendly.
-Drove around to the east side of campus and viewed the Bears
-On my way out of town I checked out the Bill Chipman bike trail which is a converted train track. Starts in Pullman just east of Bishop Blvd and mirrors 270 towards Moscow, ID for 7 miles
-Finally, for those curious what the "Palouse" means. I discovered its and Indian word meaning "vegetation coming up out of the ground". Referring to the agriculture of the region. This is according to the lady at the Pullman Visitors Bureau.

I did go out that night in Pullman as well, but alas it was a Wednesday and nothing was really going on that night.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
We??? Um your hawks are playing somewhere else little brother.

Go head and bow down to this Washington State fan. Typical. Guy comes on here and first thing he says is they are "bitter" about playing a program like Iowa State in such a crappy bowl. If this isnt the most patronizing way to start off a post I dont know what is.

I mean, a snowstorm doesnt happen against Washington and all of a sudden they think they should have been playing Alabama instead of us. We wont even get into the fact they could have been 8-4 or 7-5 just as easily.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Go head and bow down to this Washington State fan. Typical. Guy comes on here and first thing he says is they are "bitter" about playing a program like Iowa State in such a crappy bowl. If this isnt the most patronizing way to start off a post I dont know what is.

I mean, a snowstorm doesnt happen against Washington and all of a sudden they think they should have been playing Alabama instead of us. We wont even get into the fact they could have been 8-4 or 7-5 just as easily.

Below is the OP. At what point is it stated they're bitter about playing ISU? They're bitter about not getting into a better bowl, like ISU fans have been when they screwed up the Big 12 North title those few years.

"What you want to know?

But first:

Yes WSU fans are bitter, but expect that to last about 12 hours as this is our record 4th bowl in a row. WSU fans travel well, very well and will sell way more tickets then you think.

This is a good football team and they play very good defense. Should be a fun game."

Reactions: Scruff

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008

He said they were bitter. You made up the next part. You're trying to act like we (as in CF, not whatever affiliation you troll with) wouldn't act the same way if we were in their situation? Grow up or shut the **** up

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
He said they were bitter. You made up the next part. You're trying to act like we (as in CF, not whatever affiliation you troll with) wouldn't act the same way if we were in their situation? Grow up or shut the **** up

Alabama in Alamo bowl = bitter fans
WSU in Alamo bowl = ecstatic fans considering their program compared to ISU

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Alabama in Alamo bowl = bitter fans
WSU in Alamo bowl = ecstatic fans considering their program compared to ISU
If you look at it from an extremely naive point of view I guess you're right

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Below is the OP. At what point is it stated they're bitter about playing ISU? They're bitter about not getting into a better bowl, like ISU fans have been when they screwed up the Big 12 North title those few years.

"What you want to know?

But first:

Yes WSU fans are bitter, but expect that to last about 12 hours as this is our record 4th bowl in a row. WSU fans travel well, very well and will sell way more tickets then you think.

This is a good football team and they play very good defense. Should be a fun game."

What exactly are they bitter about then?

Cougfan99

Dec 2, 2018
I am sure he wishes that in retrospect too. He went to an incompetently run ad where his program was woefully under funded.

He was a great interview, they told him to win without any money. He never had a chance

Guessing Ames is the same
99-- What are WSU fans hearing about the possiblity of Leach going back to TT?
oh god he told em to shove it last Sunday night.

Someone even created a fake flight 2 days in a row monday and Tuesday from Lubbock to Pullman and back and someone found it on the second day. WSU and tech fans were losing their collective minds on chat boards. Someone even staked out the airport and it never showed up.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron