*New Uniform Thread*

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I guess I misunderstood your question. You thought that we either had 1 helmet or 12 helmets and were wondering which it was, 1 or 12?

I was under the impression that it was common sense that different colored helmets were, in fact, different helmets. But you were wondering if we paint the same helmet a different color every week? Interesting.
More interesting is why you said it was the 'same' helmet and now try to redefine word meaning of 'same.' We have the answer. Time to move on. Thanks for your considerable input.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
I love grey uniforms but unless the uniforms are all grey, the grey needs to be lighter. I dont like the dark grey with dark cardinal combo. I think a much lighter grey would look way better. I thought the shade of grey that Colorado wore last year looked good. Imagine if we wore gold helmets with these.
Apparently there are like 50 different shades. My wife read some book that detailed them all. She said it was boring and I need not waste my time reading it too. I think they even made a documentary about it.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
What are peoples thoughts on this logo? I noticed this weekend that the cheerleaders had it on their uniforms rather than the traditional I-State logo or Cyclones.

I've been noticing this logo more and more as of late.

I personally like it,and purchased this shirt. View attachment 49806

After almost 2 weeks my shirt finally arrived. I should note, that it is "Anthracite" but it is a little darker than our home gray uniforms. Also it is not near the color that this picture shows.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I wonder if they'll try the white facemask on the red helmet sometime this year, ala 2005 Meyer to Blythe helmets

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
After almost 2 weeks my shirt finally arrived. I should note, that it is "Anthracite" but it is a little darker than our home gray uniforms. Also it is not near the color that this picture shows.

Looks like the same shirt that went out to the NFL players. I dig it, but at the price it's going for on Cy's Lockerroom, I'd expect free next-day delivery!

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Looks like the same shirt that went out to the NFL players. I dig it, but at the price it's going for on Cy's Lockerroom, I'd expect free next-day delivery!

Yeah, I took a dive there on the price. I got it off Fanatics. I first saw it when they sent out their little care package and couldn't find the shirt anywhere.

I did get free shipping..just not next day or even next week!

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Yeah, I took a dive there on the price. I got it off Fanatics. I first saw it when they sent out their little care package and couldn't find the shirt anywhere.

I did get free shipping..just not next day or even next week!

This is the shirt I want - think it is only a team issued shirt though - can't find it anywhere

Attachments

• DG6C8OwU0AAv2r3.jpg
    DG6C8OwU0AAv2r3.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 66

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
New mock-up available via Cyclone Uniforms Twitter

1255046.jpg

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The lack of any gold on the helmet is annoying to me, but otherwise, looks good.

I guess no gold or gray helmets this year -- the stencil red-on-white was the surprise?

They aren't bringing out the new helmet at an away game, I'll assure you. UT makes sense because you have a captive audience.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Love love love this look. It might be my favorite uniform.

The all whites, from the beginning of this uniform style, were obviously the best option. It took forever to get them and it makes no sense. Everything just looks so much better.

• Winner
Reactions: harimad

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'd bet lots of money that we will see a significant change in uniforms for the Texas game. Last year they did the fireworks for the team taking the field for the Thursday OU game, I bet they will do that again with a new splash (aka alt uniforms) for the Thursday UT game.

This is a good point. I wouldn't be shocked to see one version of the complete uniform overhaul make an appearance in that game. I'm still in the camp of not buying that it was taking Nike so long to do their thing. Campbell, I'm learning, is a marketing genius and I think he wanted to wet the whistle once this year and bust out a whole array of options next year.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
The all whites, from the beginning of this uniform style, were obviously the best option. It took forever to get them and it makes no sense. Everything just looks so much better.

Part of the reason it took so long to get the white helmets was because of this catastrophe:

Home+Uniforms.jpg

Back in 2007 you didn't switch up pants as often. Oh the horror.

• Funny
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Part of the reason it took so long to get the white helmets was because of this catastrophe:

Home+Uniforms.jpg

I don't like the yellow-white stuff. Cardinal and white is fine. Basically anything and white is fine but any significant yellow and white sucks. That above uni stinks.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Home+Uniforms.jpg

Call me a heretic, but I actually like that look, assuming the colors were a little more lifelike and less pink and the helmet logo was something a little better.

Good, clean template to start mixing up C-G-W elements for helmets, jerseys, and pants, too.