Simeon Carter gone

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Me:
raw

Everyone Else:
tumblr_nigiuqTPzT1r45g3go1_400.gif

Reactions: theantiAIRBHG

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Best of luck to him, seemed like a great teammate. I was really excited when we landed him too but just didn't work out
Agreed. The bolded is the most important part. He knew he didn't want to be here (for a while now apparently) but he didn't let it drag everyone else down. He was the first guy from the bench to celebrate huge shots. He has a great mental attitude and that could take him a long way in life. Best of luck to him where ever he lands.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Was the first person I was looking for on the sideline shot while ISU was on a run or something.

Will kind of miss him as his personality seemed to fit the group well.

If 4 scholarships are open I'm excited about how they fill them to add to what I think is an underrated team next season.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Should we be concerned that we now have 4 scholarships open going into spring? That seems like a lot.

There's still a lot of recruiting left to do and transfers yet to land. If we didn't have a good recruiting class already, it would seem worse. Anyone brought in now is probably more of an immediate help situation.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
A program somewhere is about to learn countless new ways to celebrate 3 pointers.

Good luck Simeon.

Someone also needs to learn how to give the starters a bad time about their dunks. Actually liked that he would do that some, seemed to show his teammates liked him. Hope he finds a good school for some court time and a good school to finish his degree.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The good teammate aspect can't be overplayed. So many guys in his position would pout about not getting to play and blame the coach for not giving him something he didn't earn. Simeon just did the only thing he could do at that point, be a teammate.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I really hope he finds a place he can see the floor, seemed like he loved being at ISU, good luck to Simeon wherever he ends up. Once a Cyclone....

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Too bad it didn't work out for him at ISU. By all accounts he seemed like a pretty good teammate. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.