Simeon Carter gone

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Best of luck to him, seemed like a great teammate. I was really excited when we landed him too but just didn't work out

Late add from SMU, IIRC. Thought he'd contribute, but wasn't meant to be.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Why do people keep this narrative going like its some mystery? He's not as good as the other players were at basketball. It's not chemical engineering it's basketball. Don't bash in to the wall when you can walk through the door.
He had the physical talent. If what has been suggested that he didn't have good basketball IQ is true that's one thing but you could see the physical gifts he had.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Why do people keep this narrative going like its some mystery? He's not as good as the other players were at basketball. It's not chemical engineering it's basketball. Don't bash in to the wall when you can walk through the door.
If you don't know why, I don't know what to tell you. Your "walking through the door" is needlessly harsh.

Pro tip: don't seek a career in the diplomatic corps.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Coach Prohm isn't shy about sitting anyone, at any time, for any reason. I think it's entirely possible that he was as good as say, Holden, but didn't have the right work ethic, attitude or seriousness about basketball.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
If you don't know why, I don't know what to tell you. Your "walking through the door" is needlessly harsh.

Pro tip: don't seek a career in the diplomatic corps.

Pride's "for whatever reason" comment is what gunner was responding too, and gunner was exactly right. There is no "for whatever reason" to this story, plain and simple.

Best of luck to Simeon. I enjoy watching people who love being Cyclones, and Simeon loved being a Cyclone.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Coach Prohm isn't shy about sitting anyone, at any time, for any reason. I think it's entirely possible that he was as good as say, Holden, but didn't have the right work ethic, attitude or seriousness about basketball.

Completely disagree and I think it does a disservice to Simeon and Prohm to speculate that there was something going on besides playing ability.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cyclone11

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Pride's "for whatever reason" comment is what gunner was responding too, and gunner was exactly right. There is no "for whatever reason" to this story, plain and simple.

Best of luck to Solomon. I enjoy watching people who love being Cyclones, and Solomon loved being a Cyclone.

I didn't see a problem with Pride's post.

*Simeon.
If you're going to lecture me, get your facts right.

• Winner
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Best of luck to Solomon. I enjoy watching people who love being Cyclones, and Solomon loved being a Cyclone.

I listed the potential reasons in my reply. If you (or Gunner) know for an absolute fact that it's based on talent level alone, go ahead and show your cards.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
He had the physical talent. If what has been suggested that he didn't have good basketball IQ is true that's one thing but you could see the physical gifts he had.

I couldn't because he never played. I don't know maybe everyone else besides me watches practice?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
As completely horrific as post play was at the beginning of the year, if Carter was ever going to play, it would have been then. Somethings just never work out. Probably the best thing for both parties. I hope he can find a place where he will shine and ISU can find a guy that can contribute in the post.