Campustown Redevelopment

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
They are looking at building new dorms, rec facility, and dining at the Towers site (Knapp/Storm) south of campus. $120+ mil project. http://www.fpm.iastate.edu/planning...ary.asp?CP_Number=CP002306&Work_order=WD45422

giphy.gif

Reactions: NetflixAndClone

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Blaze Pizza will be going into the final spot in the 2320 Building in Campustown. They had a sign up inside the building today and their site lists the location as "coming soon".
http://www.blazepizza.com/locations/ames/

I see they also have a location in Des Moines, anyone tried it? Looks good and they offer a bunch of toppings.

Reactions: carvers4math

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Blaze Pizza will be going into the final spot in the 2320 Building in Campustown. They had a sign up inside the building today and their site lists the location as "coming soon".

I see they also have a location in Des Moines, anyone tried it? Looks good and they offer a bunch of toppings.
Jeff's has got to be tripping over itself trying to figure out how to retain most of their market.

cy4life94

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Cedar Rapids
Reactions: hiltonisheaven

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Haven't been to the one in Des Moines, but went to one in Orlando and really liked it. They have a flat rate pizza that you can put as many toppings on as you want. It is ind of like a Subway concept only with pizza.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
FYI to anyone interested. This one is gonna happen. Buddy of mine is being kicked out of his apartment at the end of December which I assume means they will be starting demo this winter/spring.

Are they taking out part of Arbor Hills for this?

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle

Isn't LeBron James a co-owner of Blaze Pizza?

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
FYI to anyone interested. This one is gonna happen. Buddy of mine is being kicked out of his apartment at the end of December which I assume means they will be starting demo this winter/spring.

Yes, I believe they want to have this project completed by the Fall 2018 semester. So, how does that work, do they have to help him find another place or was there something included in his lease about potentially having to move? Here is the latest rendering of this project:

RwarOYd.png

uL1vlcN.png

HqIhhUb.png

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Haven't been to the one in Des Moines, but went to one in Orlando and really liked it. They have a flat rate pizza that you can put as many toppings on as you want. It is ind of like a Subway concept only with pizza.
Interesting, so do they build it right in front of you (like a sub at subway)? I'll definitely have to try it.

cy4life94

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Cedar Rapids
Yes, I believe they want to have this project completed by the Fall 2018 semester. So, how does that work, do they have to help him find another place or was there something included in his lease about potentially having to move? Here is the latest rendering of this project:

RwarOYd.png

uL1vlcN.png

HqIhhUb.png
They just told him in November that he had to be out after the semester. No help or anything. He wasn't Barry happy about that.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Yeah, CHC is closing the middle of the month. Was just there after the WVU game, probably for the last time unfortunately.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
It's interesting that Blaze is also going in, considering that Blaze and Fuzzy's Tacos are right next to each other in Des Moines too. Maybe they have a good relationship with each other.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I have had Blaze once and it was multiple times better than Pie Five. I think Blaze would do good in that location.

Yeah, Fast Casual chains are a much better idea for Campustown than traditional, sit-down ones.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I was back in town a couple weeks ago and couldn't believe how much campustown had changed in only a couple of years since my last visit.

And another pizza place? I mean, college kids love pizza, but there's already two good pizza places located there. Get some variety.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Interesting, so do they build it right in front of you (like a sub at subway)? I'll definitely have to try it.

Yes, you watch them build it and they put it in a big open oven. Somehow they keep track of which one comes out next. Of course with my kids, they had to get every single type of meat they could on theirs.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
They just told him in November that he had to be out after the semester. No help or anything. He wasn't Barry happy about that.

I imagine finding new housing at semester won't be too terrible. A lot of people looking for subleases for the next semester this time of year from what i remember, can negotiate deals with people who may be happy just to not have to pay the full rent of a place they arent using.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron