The Leftovers

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Anyone watch the series premiere of this show last night on HBO at 9pm? Wife and I liked it, set the DVR to record the rest of the series.

aforstate

Jan 23, 2010
Probably one of the strangest pilots I've ever seen, but I'm intrigued. I'll keep watching.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Probably one of the strangest pilots I've ever seen, but I'm intrigued. I'll keep watching.

That describes my feelings about it pretty well also. It definitely did a good job establishing the weird world they live in. I will be watching in the weeks ahead.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
we watched and liked but didn't love. we'll keep watching for now. i just wanna know wtf is up with the GR and why they chain smoke.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Very dark show. Did not expect that final scene at all. I have no idea where this show is going and I love every minute of it.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
It seems like this 3 year anniversary of the disappearance is going to set things in motion. The "Prophet" is an intriguing character. Actor did a great job in the scene with the knife. Creepy.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Very dark show. Did not expect that final scene at all. I have no idea where this show is going and I love every minute of it.

Remind me again what was the final scene? The reveal of the husband/wife relationship?

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
You can watch the pilot for free on Yahoo's video service. Just watched it last night... It's a shame that I don't have HBO. Despite popular opinion, I'm a fan of Damon Lindelof's projects, so it'll be very interesting to see how this one turns out.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
You can watch the pilot for free on Yahoo's video service. Just watched it last night... It's a shame that I don't have HBO. Despite popular opinion, I'm a fan of Damon Lindelof's projects, so it'll be very interesting to see how this one turns out.

I think hes a good writer. Peter Berg is directing so it should all come together pretty well.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Okay - I don't have HBO any more...but I read through these comments, and they seem to confirm what I guessed. Are "The Leftovers" in the title those remaining after "the Rapture" as it is understood by some Christian denominations?

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Okay - I don't have HBO any more...but I read through these comments, and they seem to confirm what I guessed. Are "The Leftovers" in the title those remaining after "the Rapture" as it is understood by some Christian denominations?

Most likely although they haven't answered that and I don't think the characters will ever know for sure. There's a really funny scene where the news is listing off some of the celebrities who vanished and several of them are very random including Gary Busey.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Most likely although they haven't answered that and I don't think the characters will ever know for sure. There's a really funny scene where the news is listing off some of the celebrities who vanished and several of them are very random including Gary Busey.

Oh sorry!!! Didn't mean to put a spoiler in!

In Gary Busey's defense, he is brain-damaged from a motorcycle accident...not that there is much change in his personality from before the accident! ;)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron