News Anchor Inappropriate?

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
A Fox News anchor (local news) is being called a "creep" and "sexual harasser" after his comments to another reporter that was doing a story at a water park

kelly29n-6-web.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...r-anna-gilligan-bikini-body-article-1.1847569

Did he really do anything so bad?

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Yes, he did not act like he had been neutered many years ago. He said what he was thinking instead of being PC on the air.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
He was making comments in the context with what most American males would be thinking, but doing it on the airwaves he looked like a sexist, creepy jacka#s......

Now that it has gone viral, the young female reporter has to keep living this episode indefinitely

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yes, she is very attractive in that bikini, but my take would be while he shouldn't commenting like that (even if we all are thinking it), she also should probably be wearing something more modest if she doesn't want to be treated like that and she's a news reporter.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If you've ever watched The Soup you've probably seen this guy about 100 times saying stupid stuff, it's what he does.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
Yes, she is very attractive in that bikini, but my take would be while he shouldn't commenting like that (even if we all are thinking it), she also should probably be wearing something more modest if she doesn't want to be treated like that and she's a news reporter.
.... The "if she didn't want that, she shouldn't have dressed that way" defense. I'm sure there's nothing misogynistic there at all.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011

are you ******* kidding me? "She was asking for it?"

What do you want her to wear if not a bathing suit?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Well its not so bad, but yeah of course its unprofessional to talk to your co-worker that way. Not a big deal though. Nice body.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
are you ******* kidding me? "She was asking for it?"

What do you want her to wear if not a bathing suit?

She wasn't asking for it, but why does a news reporter need to wear a skimpy bikini. Is the focus on her or on what she's reporting about? A one piece would have done just fine. Either way, I would agree it does not justify the actions of the anchor. That was wrong. She may not have been asking for it on purpose, but she wasn't exactly sending the message that she doesn't want to be treated like an object. JMHO

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
She may not have been asking for it on purpose, but she wasn't exactly sending the message that she doesn't want to be treated like an object. JMHO

The news anchor with prior rape accusations has is 'asking for' scrutiny a lot more withy his choice of words there than a woman wearing a swimsuit at a water park.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
She wasn't asking for it, but why does a news reporter need to wear a skimpy bikini. Is the focus on her or on what she's reporting about? A one piece would have done just fine. Either way, I would agree it does not justify the actions of the anchor. That was wrong. She may not have been asking for it on purpose, but she wasn't exactly sending the message that she doesn't want to be treated like an object. JMHO

I wonder if it was her choice, or if her producer/director told her to wear something sexy?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
This logic makes my brain hurt.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron