News Anchor Inappropriate?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The news anchor with prior rape accusations has is 'asking for' scrutiny a lot more withy his choice of words there than a woman wearing a swimsuit at a water park.

Well think about it....every guy on here has commented how much they like her body....probably wouldn't see as many comments if she had something more modest on.

I equate it to when I was on jury duty for a sexual assualt case. The victim claimed a guy felt put his hands all over her and it was unwanted. She shows up to the trial wearing a shirt that showed a lot of cleavage.....while she may be 100% right and the guy is a scumbag, she sure didn't send a good message to the jury.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
The news anchor with prior rape accusations has is 'asking for' scrutiny a lot more withy his choice of words there than a woman wearing a swimsuit at a water park.

Yeah, this is where I'm at, too. If you were hanging out with a buddy at the beach and said that, it's one thing. If you've got prior rape accusations in your history, and you're on TV, you may want to be a little more prudent with your commentary.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Well think about it....every guy on here has commented how much they like her body....probably wouldn't see as many comments if she had something more modest on.

I equate it to when I was on jury duty for a sexual assualt case. The victim claimed a guy felt put his hands all over her and it was unwanted. She shows up to the trial wearing a shirt that showed a lot of cleavage.....while she may be 100% right and the guy is a scumbag, she sure didn't send a good message to the jury.

So much of this post just makes me sad.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

I'm sure 99% of hetero guys would think it, quite a few would say something against better judgement, maybe a decent amount would have kept going when the co-anchor warned them…but to do it all after rape accusations less than two years ago. Forget how bad or not bad it is, the guy is a total idiot given his own circumstances.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm sure 99% of hetero guys would think it, quite a few would say something against better judgement, maybe a decent amount would have kept going when the co-anchor warned them…but to do it all after rape accusations less than two years ago. Forget how bad or not bad it is, the guy is a total idiot given his own circumstances.

Oh I agree with that. It was a scumbag move on his part. And maybe she could have been in a snowsuit and he still would have been a creeper. Who knows.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Putting the inappropriate comments from the anchor aside, a more modest swimsuit may have helped viewers focus on the story rather than the reporter.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
So much of this post just makes me sad.

I can tell I'm not really making any sense. I personally have no issue with what she chose to wear. I'm saying maybe she would have had less comments if she was more modest. I really don't know. The news anchor was a scumbag no matter what.

And when I was on jury duty, we found the accuser to be guilty. The victim didn't do anything wrong, and obviously never ever deserved what happened to her. My heart broke for her. I was just surprised the way she dressed. That's all.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Putting the inappropriate comments from the anchor aside, a more modest swimsuit may have helped viewers focus on the story rather than the reporter.

Careful, I tried to say that, and got reamed.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010

So not only do you feel like the "she was dressed like an object, so it must not be a big deal to her" logic is good for a message board, but that it also carries over into the judicial process.

EDIT: Maybe when you get some rest and re-read what you've written so far, it will make sense as to how incredibly bad you sound in all of this.

I just don't think what was worn really has any bearing on the matter. It just comes off as a way to justify lewd comments/actions. I don't know about you guys, but I don't always go out and buy a new outfit for one trip out at work. For all we know, she was told the day of that she was going to do a spot at the water park and that she should go on one of the rides. Not exactly the most reasonable thing to assume she should go out and get a new suit that might get worn one time.

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
So not only do you feel like the "she was dressed like an object, so it must not be a big deal to her" logic is good for a message board, but that it also carries over into the judicial process.

That's not what I said, or at least meant, but I can see explaining myself is a waste of time. A woman should never ever be objectified despite what she does on purpose or on accident. I'll just leave it at that.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I can tell I'm not really making any sense. I personally have no issue with what she chose to wear. I'm saying maybe she would have had less comments if she was more modest. I really don't know. The news anchor was a scumbag no matter what.

And when I was on jury duty, we found the accuser to be guilty. The victim didn't do anything wrong, and obviously never ever deserved what happened to her. My heart broke for her. I was just surprised the way she dressed. That's all.

I'm glad, it's just irritating that one of the first comments you get on any sort of incident like this is always some variation on "well, what did she expect...". People think there giving well-intentioned advice to help women avoid this situations, but I think it ends up functioning more as a free pass to creeps and ******** to keep doing their thing because "everybody is thinking it when they see a girl dressed like that".

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Let's just call the entire situation inappropriate.

The anchor's comments were absolutely inappropriate.

The reporter was dressed inappropriately for the job she was doing (I have never seen a reporter report in a swim suit, much less a bikini, while on camera).

I have no idea what the hell any of them (anchor, reporter, producer (if it was his/her idea) were thinking.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Let's just call the entire situation inappropriate.

The anchor's comments were absolutely inappropriate.

The reporter was dressed inappropriately for the job she was doing (I have never seen a reporter report in a swim suit, much less a bikini, while on camera).

I have no idea what the hell any of them (anchor, reporter, producer (if it was his/her idea) were thinking.

The whole thing kind of reeks of an inexperienced/young reporter getting taken advantage of by a sort of sleazy producer looking to goose ratings. Makes all the "well she was wearing a bikini" comments even grosser.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Yes, she is very attractive in that bikini, but my take would be while he shouldn't commenting like that (even if we all are thinking it), she also should probably be wearing something more modest if she doesn't want to be treated like that and she's a news reporter.

And now we make it about the girl doing something by wrong? The guy was an *** period. End of story.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
The whole thing kind of reeks of an inexperienced/young reporter getting taken advantage of by a sort of sleazy producer looking to goose ratings. Makes all the "well she was wearing a bikini" comments even grosser.

Yeah, it's hard for me to comment too much on this without knowing to what level the producer was involved. He could have picked the swimsuit, and he could have encouraged the anchor to make comments on it. This could all be a publicity stunt. It definitely wasn't prudent on someone's part.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Yeah, it's hard for me to comment too much on this without knowing to what level the producer was involved. He could have picked the swimsuit, and he could have encouraged the anchor to make comments on it. This could all be a publicity stunt. It definitely wasn't prudent on someone's part.

I doubt the guy was encouraged to make his comments, but I could definitely see her showing up in normal work clothes, or maybe just shorts or something and some segment producer going, "C'mon, we're at a water park! Have fun with it!"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron