Complain About Stuff at the Game Thread

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Lets free up the board for productive conversation from this point onward. Any complaints about things not involving the team or Fred Hoiberg should go here.

Examples:
Anything about the student section (swearing, rushing the court, being fat)
Anything about the band (glasses, the color yellow, sousaphones)
Anything about the visiting fans (the way they smell, the cut of their jib, the number of offspring they bring)
Anything complaining about message board posts.
Anything that tries to look at a win as a loss.

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Actually one thing I thought was dumb was the fact we let Iowa cheerleaders cheer in front of our student section. Why do we let them do this? I don't expect ours to go to Carver.

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
Lets free up the board for productive conversation from this point onward. Any complaints about things not involving the team or Fred Hoiberg should go here.

Examples:
Anything about the visiting fans (the way they smell, the cut of their jib, the number of offspring they bring)

Have you seen that fat white girl that just runs around and dances in the aisles the whole game? I would complain until I saw her outrun the flag guy. She's got linebacker speed-pretty impressive for her metrics

cykocy

Dec 22, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Im sure this has been mentioned already at some point but I thought the ballerina dancing 8 minutes before the game was a total downer.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

Examples:

Anybody that thinks our student section is fat, ugly, or embarrassing should track down a recording of the UNI-VCU game from Saturday and be grateful were not represented by that mass of idiots in Cedar Falls.

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
Actually one thing I thought was dumb was the fact we let Iowa cheerleaders cheer in front of our student section. Why do we let them do this? I don't expect ours to go to Carver.

The Iowa cheerleaders were right in front of my section the whole time. I was p*ssed at first but it ended up being pretty funny. We just harassed/gave them a hard time the whole game. It wasn't hateful harassing either, which I thought it would be, but just mild and fun. We had the cheerleaders laughing along with us a couple of times.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Can we complain about people complaining about people complaining about stuff at the game? Or is that for a separate thread?

Also, no *** Official *** designation makes this thread worthless.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
It was really cold outside, and only one individual is responsible for the weather and he knows it. I can't believe Obama would do that to us.

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The Iowa cheerleaders were right in front of my section the whole time. I was p*ssed at first but it ended up being pretty funny. We just harassed/gave them a hard time the whole game. It wasn't hateful harassing either, which I thought it would be, but just mild and fun. We had the cheerleaders laughing along with us a couple of times.

I was in that section and totally agree with you. But really, why are they there? Who are they trying to get to cheer? Plus, that means we missed out on the dance team 2nd half...

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I want to float a general complaint out there about Aaron White. I hate that guy. Why does he look like that?

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Wait so we have one thread for this? I like when half the threads on the main page are about separate gripes that some how turn into the same ones.
Why was this game on ESPNU?
I am sure there were probably a lot of old people who had trouble standing or cheering during the game. Why has this not been mentioned already?
Has anyone mentioned that we stormed the court and did terrible job doing it?

I do feel somewhat better about getting some of those things off my chest.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Can we complain about people complaining about people complaining about stuff at the game? Or is that for a separate thread?

Also, no *** Official *** designation makes this thread worthless.

This is all spiraling out of control. We really need another game. At least 3 games away from Hilton will right this ship wreck that is the CF basketball forum.

That is until we beat N.Illinois on NYE, and rush the court.... I would almost seriously think about doing this if I was a group of students. Just to see some of your heads explode.

TensasCy

Mar 24, 2012

Examples:

Noticed you mentioned the number of offspring they bring. Thought there was a law against hoks having offspring.