Complain About Stuff at the Game Thread

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
A while ago my wife and I had a good routine for ISU bball games. A drink or two before the game followed by stopping for a couple drinks after the game. This was a great routine that always lead to getting lucky at the end of the night. Then Cyclone Alley was created and that routine was completely disrupted and haven't gotten lucky after an ISU bball game in years. I think her complete disgust with Cyclone Alley has killed her sex drive. Thanks a lot Cyclone Alley.

On a completely unrelated side note we started having kids around that same time but I'm pretty sure it's not related.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
A while ago my wife and I had a good routine for ISU bball games. A drink or two before the game followed by stopping for a couple drinks after the game. This was a great routine that always lead to getting lucky at the end of the night. Then Cyclone Alley was created and that routine was completely disrupted and haven't gotten lucky after an ISU bball game in years. I think her complete disgust with Cyclone Alley has killed her sex drive. Thanks a lot Cyclone Alley.

On a completely unrelated side note we started having kids around that same time but I'm pretty sure it's not related.

Ah, so the link between Cyclone Alley and the end of humanity is beginning to become clear...

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Anybody that thinks our student section is fat, ugly, or embarrassing should track down a recording of the UNI-VCU game from Saturday and be grateful were not represented by that mass of idiots in Cedar Falls.

The hate in you is strong. It is almost like you lived in the Cedar Falls area for an unbearable amount of time.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Actually one thing I thought was dumb was the fact we let Iowa cheerleaders cheer in front of our student section. Why do we let them do this? I don't expect ours to go to Carver.
I'm pretty sure cheerleaders always set up shop under the basket on the side their team's bench. It has more to do with where our student section is that the visitors end up in front of it

leg4cy

Apr 12, 2006
Humboldt, IA
An actual, legitimate beef: I was told to sit down in the midst of an ISU run cutting a 9 point deficit to 3 during the biggest game of the year to date and the second biggest ISU-Iowa matchup in history. I guess there are rules regarding Hilton Magic. Who knew?!

Last edited:

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
Lets free up the board for productive conversation from this point onward. Any complaints about things not involving the team or Fred Hoiberg should go here.

Examples:
Anything about the student section (swearing, rushing the court, being fat)
Anything about the band (glasses, the color yellow, sousaphones)
Anything about the visiting fans (the way they smell, the cut of their jib, the number of offspring they bring)
Anything complaining about message board posts.
Anything that tries to look at a win as a loss.

shut-up.jpg

But we can all agree that trumpets are douches.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Actually one thing I thought was dumb was the fact we let Iowa cheerleaders cheer in front of our student section. Why do we let them do this? I don't expect ours to go to Carver.

That is how you negate their cheerleader effectiveness. JP has it all figured out.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
Did anybody else notice the kid in Cyclone Alley wearing Black and Gold....IN THE FRONT ROW!?!? How in the hell does that even happen!?

TensasCy

Mar 24, 2012
Did anybody else notice the kid in Cyclone Alley wearing Black and Gold....IN THE FRONT ROW!?!? How in the hell does that even happen!?

I've always thought there should be a big bonfire outside Hilton prior to a Cyclone-hok game and anything black and gold should go in there.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

CA should have cardinal and gold ponchos or bags or something they can throw over the top of anybody that shows up wearing that crap.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I would like to complain about the people complaining about CA. CA stepped up big Friday night.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I thought I was going to miss out on the end of the soccer game, but thankfully ESPNU made the right decision