Lanning

Cyclone07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2013
Ames, IA
I believe he has a very good shot at the starting spot next season. People have mostly talked about Richardson and Rohach for the starter next season and Lanning often gets lost in the shuffle. He has the strongest arm on the team and is good size at 6'2 220. He runs a 4.6 forty, so if he can read the defense I think he may be the best fit for our offense. Richardson is a solid QB, but I am not sure he is durable enough to run the ball as much as we would like to with our offense. Ultimately, I think the competition next spring/ early fall comes down to Richardson/ Lanning.

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
I have heard the rumor that Lanning looks great, and will be starting next year. Of course, all depends on who is the OC.

Seems that Richardson has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff, however - else why is he not playing?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I have heard the rumor that Lanning looks great, and will be starting next year. Of course, all depends on who is the OC.

Seems that Richardson has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff, however - else why is he not playing?

He is trying to get from under the bus.

Cyclone07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2013
Ames, IA

With all the players we have recruited for our system it's hard to believe the changes will be drastic. I do see your point though.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
The Lanning hype machine is starting early. I figured it wouldn't get going until Spring

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
With all the players we have recruited for our system it's hard to believe the changes will be drastic. I do see your point though.

With what I've understood from people who know what they are talking about, the passing concepts have to change. Beyond that I would be stunned if we run an offense that is not some form of a spread offense next season.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The Lanning hype machine is starting early. I figured it wouldn't get going until Spring
It takes time to prop up a completely unproven quarterback to god status before the season starts.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
What is this "system" you speak of? Does anyone really know what our "system" is?

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

They ran him so far in to the ground that he's still working on digging back up to field level. But they keep running a bus right over him down there.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Dear god always the next guy in, just to be demoralized due to lack of coaching.

Illiniclone

Jan 20, 2009
Richardson looked great. Rohach looked great. Now Lanning looks great. Let's just keep starting redshirt freshmen QB's. Great idea guys.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
They ran him so far in to the ground that he's still working on digging back up to field level. But they keep running a bus right over him down there.

Truly pathetic and disgusting, but you can tell its happening based on what I heard SR say after the game.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I heard he's the next Joe Montana.

He's the next guy in line, so obviously he's better than anything we've got now.

EDIT: After reading this, I realized it didn't sound as sarcastic as I'd hoped. So for clarity, yeah, I'm making fun of people who truly believe we have the next superstar sitting on the bench, he just "wasn't ready this year."

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
Reminds me of packing silage when I was a kid. Of course, we didn't use a bus...

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Why are many people still here ripping on the football team? Did you miss the basketball game yesterday? There is no way that 6 of the top 7 threads should be retread threads ripping on the football players.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Why are many people still here ripping on the football team? Did you miss the basketball game yesterday? There is no way that 6 of the top 7 threads should be retread threads ripping on the football players.
Whos is ripping the players? In fact it is more a feel bad approach.