More CPR love.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
"Kudos for getting Ia.St. back on the right path, but they're far from earning him a COY award. Maybe if they win the North and upset Texas in the Big 12 CC."

Heh. I love when people have no clue and then post their ignorance for everyone else to see it. Quick check list of CPR's accomplishments in his first season, which still has at least 4 games left to be played:

-Snapped the 10 game losing streak
-First road victory in the last 17 tries
-First conference win since 2007
-First conference road win since 2005
-First win in Lincoln since 1977
-Already won as many game in 2/3rds of 1 season than the last guy did in 2
-1 victory away from a bowl game following a 2-10 season

Yeah, CPR and COY shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. Naw.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
That man has a look like he could be your best friend or worst enemy, doesn't he?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
"Kudos for getting Ia.St. back on the right path, but they're far from earning him a COY award. Maybe if they win the North and upset Texas in the Big 12 CC."

Heh. I love when people have no clue and then post their ignorance for everyone else to see it. Quick check list of CPR's accomplishments in his first season, which still has at least 4 games left to be played:

-Snapped the 10 game losing streak
-First road victory in the last 17 tries
-First conference win since 2007
-First conference road win since 2005
-First win in Lincoln since 1977
-Already won as many game in 2/3rds of 1 season than the last guy did in 2
-1 victory away from a bowl game following a 2-10 season

Yeah, CPR and COY shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. Naw.

For sure. Definitely deserving of being on this list, and definitely in the top 1 or 2 in the big 12 this year (the only other option would be snyder at KSU)

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
"I'm so proud......listen to me...LISTEN TO ME....I'm so proud...to be your HEAD FOOTBALL COACH!"

Who cares if he gets COY after that, he's already clearly got his reward in hand.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
This is great news and I am glad to read it.

Anyone else notice the gaffe on the Chris Petersen, Boise State write up? BSU plays Utah STATE (push over), not Utah (#19 with a 6-1 record). Seriously, BSU, after the Oregon game, has had the easiest schedule possible. They only play two more teams with winning records; Idaho and Nevada. It is ridiculous to argue that they deserve a BCS bowl for that schedule. Oregon is their only quality win and Oregon played like crap that game. If they played Oregon now, I think they would get punked.

Sorry for the rant, I just frickin hate BS-U.

I think they should be left out of the BCS bowls until they change conferences or schedule the hardest Non-Con they can.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
And fwiw...I don't get the ferentz love. His team was picked for third and currently sits in 1st. A good thing of course but he really hasn't done anything special. They're a really really good team but I don't see anything worthy of coy honors.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
And fwiw...I don't get the ferentz love. His team was picked for third and currently sits in 1st. A good thing of course but he really hasn't done anything special. They're a really really good team but I don't see anything worthy of coy honors.

:SLEEP:

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
People may hate to hear it, but iowa is doing something pretty special this year. Even the reasonable iowa fan wasn't calling for 8-0. They have a legit shot at going 12-0, although my guess is they'll get tripped up at least once.

It wouldn't bother me at all if the two Iowa school's coaches went 1-2 in the COY polls. Just get the #1 right..... :wink:

cybirdie

May 25, 2006
This is great news and I am glad to read it.

Anyone else notice the gaffe on the Chris Petersen, Boise State write up? BSU plays Utah STATE (push over), not Utah (#19 with a 6-1 record). Seriously, BSU, after the Oregon game, has had the easiest schedule possible. They only play two more teams with winning records; Idaho and Nevada. It is ridiculous to argue that they deserve a BCS bowl for that schedule. Oregon is their only quality win and Oregon played like crap that game. If they played Oregon now, I think they would get punked.

Sorry for the rant, I just frickin hate BS-U.

I think they should be left out of the BCS bowls until they change conferences or schedule the hardest Non-Con they can.

I really hope BSU gets Iowa in a BCS bowl and takes it to them...ya follow me there?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa

I am one of the biggest kf (HPSE) bashers on this board, but you have to give his team credit this year. He earned some abuse for his past poor decisions regarding discipline and player's behavior, but he has righted the ship this year.

Lost Shonn Green to the NFL and two anchors in the middle of his D-line and Iowa is not missing a beat this year. I hate to admit it, but that is coaching.

Also, Iowa made us look pedestrian in Ames, they are by far the best team we have played this year. His teams just expect to win, and do, no matter where they play. Also, the arrests seem to have stopped, which is a good thing.

I hate to have to admit it, but kf deserves a lot of COY consideration.

That being said, I love CPR and would not trade him for anyone. Iowa boy with his dream job at a fantastic university with a great and growing fanbase. Go State!

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
That being said, I love CPR and would not trade him for anyone. Iowa boy with his dream job at a fantastic university with a great and growing fanbase. Go State!

KF's first year at iowa, 1-10.

CPR at ISU, 5 wins

... and counting.

Just sayin' :wink: