Zodiac Killer identified!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This post was started because the media ran with a story that was crap. Anytime someone claims they know who Z was, the media eats it up. And these new "suspects" that pop up are mostly crap as well. Gary Poste was named as a suspect, the reason for this thread, but no evidence is provided. Now THAT is smearing someone's name. A few circumstantial things isn't good enough to claim someone is guilty.

The two suspects that will be named in the documentary are linked by solid DNA evidence. Suspect #1 has been my favorite suspect for a long time.
I want to know how they got access to the evidence to collect the DNA and how they got DNA evidence from the deceased of their kids/siblings. That will answer how much I will look forward to their findings.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Thanks for making my point.

I guess I missed where you said previously that there was DNA evidence.
I never thought this case would be solved, and figured DNA or a confession was probably the only thing that would seal the deal. Most people, myself included, have been confused for years about what DNA evidence they had in the case. I think they had a partial profile from a stamp, and a partial palm print and maybe partial fingerprints from Paul Stine's cab. Not a lot to work with. Police at the time of the murders were focused on the handwriting from the letters.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I want to know how they got access to the evidence to collect the DNA and how they got DNA evidence from the deceased of their kids/siblings. That will answer how much I will look forward to their findings.
I'm wondering that myself. I do know that my friend works closely with law enforcement agencies, on cold cases and that his team have been praised for their work. They have solved some very old cold cases.

Suspect #1 had no children and has no living relatives. I think law enforcement probably obtained a DNA sample while he was alive. He has been a top suspect since the 90s, if I'm not mistaken. His fingerprints are definitely on file with law enforcement.

Suspect #2 was married and I think he had a child, but I haven't been able to verify that yet. I can usually find a good deal of info on people, but have found very little on this guy. What's strange is that typing his name into google gets less than a page worth of results, and it's just basic stuff like DOB and DOD, but searching his wife's name is how I found out he was a murder suspect in the 40s, even though he wasn't married to his wife yet and she had nothing to do with that crime.

Reactions: AgronAlum

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I guess it couldn't hurt to say this because it won't reveal a name...

Suspect #2 was considered a strong suspect in the Elizabeth Short/Black Dahlia case. I have studied that case for quite a while, but never heard this suspect's name until yesterday. I can't even find a photo of the guy.
I know you didn't reveal the name but is the name @3TrueFans?

Reactions: BCClone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Guys, I know he's crashed a lotta planes but Steve Leath is still alive.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I wasn't born when the murders happened. I do have a lot in common with serial killers though - I'm from the midwest. I'm pretty quiet. I like killing people.
Terrible thread. Should not have been started.

• Informative
Reactions: TXCyclones