XFL

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I wish there were more non-NFL cities.

I feel like I could get pumped to be a Portland or Columbus or Omaha fan easier than LA. Trust me that most in LA don't even realize they have two NFL teams.

Biggest reason why I thought it was dumb for the Chargers to move there, and I'm already hearing rumblings they may not be long for LA.

Lyon309Cy

Sep 5, 2010
As with every other attempt at a new league, the challenge will be for people to care about a team. Sorta the same problem hockey deals with. If you watch enough to know the players and teams, the product is entertaining enough.
So far the play itself looks like early season college where teams are trying to figure themselves out. Generally, high level QBs and o-linemen find homes in the league, but there are plenty of slightly undersized athletic defensive players. Makes it hard for offenses to find a rhythm. Kickoffs are definitely different, I kinda like them, way more interesting than trading touchbacks. Also fun to hear the coaches making playcalls during timeouts and player interviews as they come off the field.
Overall it feels like football and not a gimmick. We'll see how long it lasts.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21 and Die4Cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Defining pop culture moment of my college years at ISU. Me and my five roommates were definitely gathered around with extreme enthusiasm. I'll never forget his voice, I instantly thought it was hilarious and could not take the whole thing seriously as I watched.

Other late 90s early 00s things on TV I remember the roommates freaking out about.
- Britney's school girl outfit
- Hey check out this new news channel that covers things fair and balanced
- Monica's blue dress
- Check out this wrestler who has a move called "The People's Eyebrow"

My floormates and I were all really excited about it....a few weeks later they started only televising from Vegas and everyone there was seated in the middle of the stands to make it look crowded.

It was just bad football with players proving why they weren't on NFL rosters.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'll join. Basing my choice on best team nickname.

View attachment 70102

I'll join ya with Tampa. I really hope they come out doing this
RightEvenEchidna-small.gif

Tampa has the worst Theme Song of them all but that would be a good entrance to the song

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Biggest reason why I thought it was dumb for the Chargers to move there, and I'm already hearing rumblings they may not be long for LA.

Rams and USC barely have a visible presence. Chargers and UCLA almost none (and I live 4 miles from UCLA). I know there are 18 million people but there's also a lot to do. I can't imagine the LA XFL team getting traction other than maybe they think it's good for nation wide media to have one here.

All four of the NFL/Pac12 football teams combined get half the media coverage the Chicago Bears got when I lived in Chicago. The two NBA teams get more media coverage than the four major football teams.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
My floormates and I were all really excited about it....a few weeks later they started only televising from Vegas and everyone there was seated in the middle of the stands to make it look crowded.

It was just bad football with players proving why they weren't on NFL rosters.

The audience really was there at that time if they could have delivered better football.

Major conference college football is a pretty polished product compared to college basketball. The excitement of play needs to be similar to a good college game or people will be bored of the gimmicks again.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The audience really was there at that time if they could have delivered better football.

Major conference college football is a pretty polished product compared to college basketball. The excitement of play needs to be similar to a good college game or people will be bored of the gimmicks again.

I think it's football exhaustion too. I love football, but I don't need it going on this long, especially when it's this pointless.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
5c9d4890-115b-477d-adfc-b44f9c8afd42-large16x9_seattle_dragons_revised_1920x1080.jpg

or

920x920.jpg

Torn between these 2 teams but if I have to choose one, I'm going with the Roughnecks. Their offense is going to be fun to watch and their QB Walker is my way too ridiculously early and barely informed choice for league MVP. GO NECKS!!!!

Help Support Us

Become a patron