XFL

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
That Houston QB Walker might get a NFL tryout if he keeps having games like that one. Small, mobile qbs are now what's hot in the NFL now.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I did. I was all about the Orlando Thunder, then the Scottish Claymores.

I was big on Barcelona and Frankfort.

The World League of American Football did have a cool helmet cam. A view from the player's perspective. More of that would be cool.

On PTI I believe they said 40 million NFL fans say they want more football. Snag a tenth of that and the XFL is 4 Life

The helmet cam was actually really cool. They tried some different stuff for sure. Those facemasks were dogs though, my Junior High had them in 8th grade. They didn't age well.

Bellhelmetcam.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Kerwin Bell was the first player to wear the Helmet-Cam (over right eye)

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I was big on Barcelona and Frankfort.

The helmet cam was actually really cool. They tried some different stuff for sure. Those facemasks were dogs though, my Junior High had them in 8th grade. They didn't age well.

Bellhelmetcam.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Kerwin Bell was the first player to wear the Helmet-Cam (over right eye)

Those lime green jerseys were the best. Much better than what the Seahawks wear today.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Jim Cryner coached in the world league.
So i watched some
Of the game yesterday. Just wanted to see how the extra points and kick offs went. Pretty good idea. I expect the nfl to eventually use that kickoff system. It’s
Pretty genius

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I still don't know what the deal was with the AAF. Was Charlie Ebersol trying to steal McMahon's thunder but do it on a shoestring budget? That whole thing was so weird...attempting to build a football league with limited capital and a TV contract that was in name only for most Americans. The business plan was as bad as the football played.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I still don't know what the deal was with the AAF. Was Charlie Ebersol trying to steal McMahon's thunder but do it on a shoestring budget? That whole thing was so weird...attempting to build a football league with limited capital and a TV contract that was in name only for most Americans. The business plan was as bad as the football played.
I actually don't think the AAF product was that bad

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and CyGuy5

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Ok. I've read enough. Just turned it on (E.J. Bibbs was a motivating factor though. He's listed as their 3rd TE). I'm on board with the Guardians. For the moment.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I actually don't think the AAF product was that bad

The quality of football was about the same (although I'd give the offensive edge to the XFL - there were games that I watched, especially Birmingham games, where the offense was awful and I don't necessarily think it was because the defenses were outstanding). The presentation of what we're watching, on the other hand, is on a completely different level. While it remains to be seen how long this will last, it just feels really well done.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron