XFL

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Under. I don’t get why people keep thinking this will work.

I'm not of the opinion this will work long term, but I'm going on the over simply because Vince McMahon is financing the operation by selling off his own personal shares of WWE stock. Therefore, I'm thinking this will go at least 2 years. I'm not convinced it goes much further than that, though.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
So far both the point spread and o/u are pretty spot on for this game.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm not of the opinion this will work long term, but I'm going on the over simply because Vince McMahon is financing the operation by selling off his own personal shares of WWE stock. Therefore, I'm thinking this will go at least 2 years. I'm not convinced it goes much further than that, though.

This iteration though is way stronger than most alternative leagues. The TV deals they acquired for the first 3 years is actually really good for the XFL somehow even better than that one Arena Football Deal with ESPN. This will go 5-10 years in its current form before getting swallowed by the NFL as a minor league team system

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think the Roughnecks just proved that returning a kick for a TD is possible with this new format (even though they didn't just do it).

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This iteration though is way stronger than most alternative leagues. The TV deals they acquired for the first 3 years is actually really good for the XFL somehow even better than that one Arena Football Deal with ESPN. This will go 5-10 years in its current form before getting swallowed by the NFL as a minor league team system

I don't know if it'll last 5-10 years, but it was definitely set up better than 1.0 or even AAF was. That extra year they took to set things up compared to AAF really helped set a foundation. But at the end of the day it's all going to be whether fans buy into it or not. That's always been the biggest issue in terms of getting a new football league started. With the exception of Arena Football (which, face it, is a different product altogether), no fan base has ever bought in long enough for sustained success.

Flynn4Heisman

Mar 24, 2006
I'll let someone else have the Battle Hawks.

Mine. Only because Arizona doesn't have a team, and Cardinals used to be in St. Louis. Though seeing Kanoff starting for LA makes me happy, as I was a big fan of his when he was playing for the Cardinals in the preseason the last two years. So go Wildcats as well I guess.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I get the time rules are new, but that was some pretty terrible clock management at the end of the first half.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

If you don't watch World League/NFL Europe you are a noob.

I remember an early 2000s Madden game Had the Europe teams. I'm actually kinda sorta good at Madden and my friends made me choose a Europe team vs Them when we played to make it more even.

The best accomplishment in that scenario I remember was when I beat the All Time Steelers with the Frankfurt Galaxy 89-10.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

If you don't watch World League/NFL Europe you are a noob.

The World League of American Football did have a cool helmet cam. A view from the player's perspective. More of that would be cool.

On PTI I believe they said 40 million NFL fans say they want more football. Snag a tenth of that and the XFL is 4 Life

Reactions: Macloney

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I remember an early 2000s Madden game Had the Europe teams. I'm actually kinda sorta good at Madden and my friends made me choose a Europe team vs Them when we played to make it more even.

The best accomplishment in that scenario I remember was when I beat the All Time Steelers with the Frankfurt Galaxy 89-10.
Are you humble bragging your Madden skills on CF?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron