Xavier Foster (part 2)

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I have never understood how UNC can have Jordan and other past athletes accidentally run into recruits on campus and have that be OK . . . . I could swear I have read where Jordan and other UNC NBA guys have talked to recruits. Barnes I think they did.

It's not, but UNC.
And yeah, I remember articles that Jordan spoke with Barnes there. Magical coincidence, to be sure.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
It's not, but UNC.
And yeah, I remember articles that Jordan spoke with Barnes there. Magical coincidence, to be sure.
Iowa did the same thing when they had Downing on campus. Marshal Yanda just happened to be there at the same time.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Who was the Iowa St recruit that talked to Harrison Barnes, and nobody knew how to interpret it?

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
My money is on Old Roy. Hasn't he gotten every top in state recruit for the last 75 years or something?
vauEUgn.gif

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Just curious, has this kid been steadily improving, getting a lot stronger, and really blowing up in summer leagues? Only reason I ask is that it wasn't but 5 months ago where posters on here,who watched him at the state basketball tournament, were questioning how sure they were about him being an elite 5-star, Some of those opinions were actually from basketball coaches. Obviously you can't beat skill in a 6'11 body, etc., and apparently all the blue bloods must think he's worthy with all these offers/interest.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Just curious, has this kid been steadily improving, getting a lot stronger, and really blowing up in summer leagues? Only reason I ask is that it wasn't but 5 months ago where posters on here,who watched him at the state basketball tournament, were questioning how sure they were about him being an elite 5-star, Some of those opinions were actually from basketball coaches. Obviously you can't beat skill in a 6'11 body, etc., and apparently all the blue bloods must think he's worthy with all these offers/interest.

I saw him play a few weeks ago about when the big offers started rolling in and my conclusion is I'm apparently not great at evaluating 6'11 high school talent because I didn't see a Kansas/Duke level prospect.

There are things he did really really well. His passing and vision for a big man was really impressive. He's also got a great shooting stroke for his size. He handles it pretty well too. He's also got great athleticism. He's a good shot blocker now based on that and I think will develop into a good rim protector.

He's still pretty weak though and gets pushed around on boards. For 6'11 I didn't see much of a back to the basket game either.

I walked away a little overwhelmed but I also know 6'11 guys develop at a different rate than other people. People that are better extrapolating how that will look in a couple years are interested so I'd guess he'll end up being solid.

52342cyclone

Sep 13, 2011
Toledo, IA
Okay, so I’ll bite. Who are his grandfather and mom’s brother-in-law? I assume, the guy who married Xavier’s mom’s sister.

His grandpa is Mark Fetter. Played at Iowa from 73-75. He played high school at South Tama. I went to school with his daughters at South Tama, Xavier's aunt (AJ Blazek's wife) was a year older than me, his mom was a year younger than me. Very nice family. I don't know the kid but sounds like he has his head on straight and is a nice kid. I've told his mom a few times that I can't wait to see him in cardinal & gold (the family were all big TOE fans) and she just laughs but keep fingers crossed.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I saw him play a few weeks ago about when the big offers started rolling in and my conclusion is I'm apparently not great at evaluating 6'11 high school talent because I didn't see a Kansas/Duke level prospect.

There are things he did really really well. His passing and vision for a big man was really impressive. He's also got a great shooting stroke for his size. He handles it pretty well too. He's also got great athleticism. He's a good shot blocker now based on that and I think will develop into a good rim protector.

He's still pretty weak though and gets pushed around on boards. For 6'11 I didn't see much of a back to the basket game either.

I walked away a little overwhelmed but I also know 6'11 guys develop at a different rate than other people. People that are better extrapolating how that will look in a couple years are interested so I'd guess he'll end up being solid.

Keep in mind he just finished his sophomore year in high school. Kid is raw on some aspects of his game but all kids that age are raw. His size, Athletic ability, and smooth shooting stroke make him a top player.

I won't get excited about him though. I don't think he stays in state. I mean we have to try at Iowa State to get him but still think he is gone.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron