Xavier Foster (part 2)

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
5 star recruit Adam Woodbury went to Iowa.

I still can't type "5 star recruit Adam Woodbury" without grinning.

ORPDS.jpg

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It's not, but UNC.
And yeah, I remember articles that Jordan spoke with Barnes there. Magical coincidence, to be sure.
Recruits can meet anybody on campus. That's not against the rules. Think of all the boosters and ex players recruits meet when they come to a football game for an official visit at ISU. That kind of stuff is allowed.

Edit: never mind. I'm wrong. I know I've heard of people talking to recruits on campus visits at tailgates at ISU. Apparently that is against the rules technically.

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
FYI -
(Wouldn't be the worst thing if the visit gets moved back from this week to a home football game.)

@MatthewBain_ Oskaloosa five-star 2020 forward Xavier Foster (@XaMan_10) visited Iowa today, his mom tells me. Still working on scheduling an Iowa State visit. The plan was to visit both this week.

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
Maybe his folks want him close so they can go to all his games. Go CSP!!!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Bout time. :)

@MatthewBain_ Oskaloosa five-star 2020 forward Xavier Foster (@XaMan_10) will take an unofficial visit to Iowa State tomorrow, his dad tells me.

• Winner
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Bout time. :)

@MatthewBain_ Oskaloosa five-star 2020 forward Xavier Foster (@XaMan_10) will take an unofficial visit to Iowa State tomorrow, his dad tells me.

I suppose it's just an issue of getting him here when we can, but wouldn't we try to push him back a week and get him in town for a football weekend?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I suppose it's just an issue of getting him here when we can, but wouldn't we try to push him back a week and get him in town for a football weekend?

It is an unofficial, so there is no reason he can't come back later in the fall for a Football or Basketball weekend later this year assuming his schedule allows especially since he lives in-state.
The most important thing is to get him on campus and continue to build the relationship and meet the team.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins and ca4cy

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
It is an unofficial, so there is no reason he can't come back later in the fall for a Football or Basketball weekend later this year assuming his schedule allows especially since he lives in-state.
The most important thing is to get him on campus and continue to build the relationship and meet the team.

Maybe it's better to get him here the first time under a little calmer circumstances so they can focus on the one on one time and relationship building, which our staff seems to kick ass at. I'm just happen to have him on campus.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
He’s been on campus/visited several times already. Always a good thing when a recruit visits on their own time & dime. Hope he does take an official at some point.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
If I were him, I would wait until after the upcoming MBB season before committing to Iowa or ISU. Fran might be on thin ice in Iowa City if the Hawks finish at or near the bottom of the Big 10 again this year. which is exactly were I expect them to land.

• Funny
Reactions: Brandon

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If I were him, I would wait until after the upcoming MBB season before committing to Iowa or ISU. Fran might be on thin ice in Iowa City if the Hawks finish at or near the bottom of the Big 10 again this year. which is exactly were I expect them to land.

He won't commit until after basketball season. He's waiting and seeing how teams look. Let's face it if we have a bad year we're not in good shape with him

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
He won't commit until after basketball season. He's waiting and seeing how teams look. Let's face it if we have a bad year we're not in good shape with him

Unless we have another year with an insane amount of injuries, the team will be in the tourney. Last year was a short bench with 3-4 guys hurt most of the year. No team can overcome something like that.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
XF is officially visiting Iowa next weekend so he'll get to see the Cyclones play live after missing out last night.
Wouldn't be surprised if the staff is trying to have Xavier visit for Midnight Madness/WV game weekend.
When will people stop referring to it as Midnight Madness? It's "HILTON MADNESS"

Reactions: GetAwesome