X Factor?

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I think Monte is the X factor this year. He brought the ball up maybe 40% of the time last year and was tremendous at it. If he progresses like we all think he will, this team can beat anyone.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
X-Factor_Vol_1_1.jpg

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Hogue will be the x factor, but not the way that everyone is saying. He is going to need to do the same thing he did last year...rebound and provide energy. The offense is not going to be ran through him at all. He will get most of his points like ejim. Hustle. He was the x factor last year too in my opinion.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
McKay/Nader combo...I think we are under estimating Nader and many teams won't have an answer for McKay

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Nader and McKay are the unknown X-factors. How good those guys are against big time competition still remains to be seen.

And the improvement or increased consistency from Naz and Thomas will be factors also.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Sherron Dorsey-Walker will improve tremendously!

Just not seeing. I don't know where the minutes come from.

Morris and BDJ will get at or close to 30 min/game.

With Niang, McKay, Nader and Hogue; we probably won't run quite as many 3 guard line ups as in the past.

With the clutch shots that Naz hit, I don't see SDW taking minutes from him.

He could maybe improve past Matt Thomas, but I think Thomas will make a big jump from year 1 to year 2.

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
If Hogue can be the guy we saw at MSG, ISU will have no problem without McKay in the first semester, and will be a contender come March. Niang will be the direct beneficiary getting some defense taken off him for Hogue.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Dejean-Jones.

That's possibly interpreting "X-factor" too loosely. Perhaps we assume his impact is a given. But he is the primary "unknown" player whose contribution MUST be a positive, if we want to see equal or better results than last season.

I see little reason to doubt Niang, Hogue, Morris and Long. Thomas, McKay and Nader suggest promise for the "gravy."

el tornado

Mar 23, 2006
Dejean-Jones. He is expected to be as good or better than Kane. If he is not, we will not be as good of a team as last year even though this is the deepest team I think we have ever had.
BDJ is the X-factor

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Whoever plays opposite of Georges- so three guys (Hogue, Nader, McKay). Can they pull the defenders away from the hoop and defend/rebound as well as Ejim?

Second would be Naz. Can he become a multi-tool guard that creates things for others, or is he still the a guy that is always the guy playing off of the creators.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Dejean-Jones. He is expected to be as good or better than Kane.

People should not expect that.

If he is not, we will not be as good of a team as last year even though this is the deepest team I think we have ever had.

I don't agree with this either. With the maturation of Morris, the continued steps of Naz and Thomas, plus the additions of Nader and McKay, we don't need BDJ to be the superman that Kane was last year. We just need him to fill the role CFH assigns him and we'll be fine.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Exactly what I'm thinking, if I recall correctly Hoiberg wanted to run a full court defense. We finally have enough athletes to run other teams out the gym, we will just have to wait and see how coach uses this line up.

I am cautious about going there again. I have thought that Fred was ready for this two of the last three years but I was wrong. I would love to see it, but I won't be holding my breath.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Another vote for BDJ. Senior transfer with unquestioned skills and ability but past questions regarding maturity, shot selection, and attitude?

Plus, Kane's absence is the biggest void to fill. I think it's reasonable to hope for Ejim's production to be made up by Nader/Hogue/McKay. I expect Morris' offense to expand this year but don't want him to have to be the 'go-to' scorer from the guard position.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron