WWE Backlash (2020) Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
MJF beats Jungle Boy in a "the future is blazing bright" match. Man those two exceeded my already high expectations for both of them.

Cody/Archer up next. Iron Mike just came out with the TNT belt.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Cody wins and becomes first TNT champ. Jake and Arn got sent to the back but Jake tried coming back out with his snake. Tyson took off his shirt and stood between him and the ring until Roberts retreated. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed Mike didn't wind up laying anybody out.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Cody wins and becomes first TNT champ. Jake and Arn got sent to the back but Jake tried coming back out with his snake. Tyson took off his shirt and stood between him and the ring until Roberts retreated. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed Mike didn't wind up laying anybody out.

Glad to see Cody get the win. It seems like since he is an executive in the company that when it comes to major matches including ones with the belt on the line vs Jericho he has to take the loss. Same goes for the Bucks regarding the tag titles.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Glad to see Cody get the win. It seems like since he is an executive in the company that when it comes to major matches including ones with the belt on the line vs Jericho he has to take the loss. Same goes for the Bucks regarding the tag titles.
Agree completely. I was torn on who should win because I thought it was too soon to have a beast like Archer lose but Cody has to win a feud other than Spears who everybody beats. As long as they have Archer come back pissed and just destroying everyone in sight, he'll be fine. Cody has done what was best for the company and deserved to win that title. The Bucks and Kenny will get their due eventually as well.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Oh forgot to mention Statlander beat Ford in the piss break match. Nyla and Shida for the women's title going now and so far it's been a decent match.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Jon Moxley is just a stud in this business. Brodie even in a loss tonight has achieved more in the short time he's been in AEW than his entire WWE run put together. Thank god we have a company like AEW that will release the shackles that WWE puts on their performers.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Moxley retains which doesn't come as a surprise but I'm really curious to see what they do with Brodie and the Dark Order now. Stadium Stampede up next and I can't help but think this is gonna be very entertaining.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Nice touch with the Inner Circle wearing uniforms and the 'divided' Elite wearing their own gear and coming out to their own music.

Cheerleaders kind of lose a little of their hotness wearing those masks. ;)

I'll save people the retort of "who looks at their faces anyway" comeback. :p

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Since JR missed a golden opportunity to go classic JR after that one winged angel, I'll do it. "BAH GAWD HE KILLED EEM! HE KILLED EEM!"