WWE Backlash (2020) Thread

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
This show has been pretty bad. Of the three things I'm watching, Backlash is getting my least attention.

If they were trying to make the rest of the card garbage to enhance Orton edge they succeeded. This is at best a 3/4 ppv out of ten and I think that's being very generous.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Probably a bad idea for wwe to have a main event roster ppv a week after a takeover that was excellent from start to finish.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Probably a bad idea for wwe to have a main event roster ppv a week after a takeover that was excellent from start to finish.

A lot of people will counter that HHH doesn't run NXT perfectly, therefore he doesn't deserve all the credit that he gets for how good it is. But here's the thing - nobody's asking for perfect. Absolutely HHH has made mistakes - letting Deonna Purrazzo get away from him because the women's division was too deep is part of it. But week in and week out NXT is the best show WWE puts out. Sure, there are duds here and there, but even the duds have been better than most of what Raw and SmackDown has to offer in any given week. Not to mention I can't remember the last bad TakeOver.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
WWE is helping this match with piped in crowd noise. No way the people they have there can be this loud.

KHoing07

Jun 20, 2018
I don't know where Edge supposedly tore his tricep, because it never looked like he slowed down.
It looked like after Orton got the win you could see a huge bruise on his right tricep but I couldnt figure out when it actually happened

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I am thankful that WWE and AEW continue to put out product, but they both really need the fans back.

And I thought that that Viking Profits bit was pretty funny. The whole sports competition over the past few weeks has made me interested in two teams that I used to not care about at all.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Well I’m shocked it wasn’t the hands down greatest match I’ve ever seen. Usually when Michael Cole repeats something 7 million times you can count on it. Had they not spent all that time telling us what we thought of that match before it happened. Had they not overproduced the **** out of it. Had it happened in front of a real crowd of thousands of fans who paid to be there. It still wouldn’t have been the greatest match ever but people would have talked it up because it was a really damn good match. Spoon feeding wrestling fans what you want them to think and feel just doesn’t work like Vince thinks it does. Let the talent, elite legendary talent in this case, do what they do and get **** over on their own.