WVU vs KU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The game is officially over. The officials didn't even look at the WVU catch that the guy scrapped off the turf. Officials are mailing it in from here.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm still baffled why Miles didnt hit the JUCO route hard.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
WVU is 3-1 with wins over Eastern Kentucky, Baylor and Kansas, and they have Texas Tech next. I think they're gonna go 1-5 or 0-6 the rest of the way.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I’m not. One of Mac’s biggest mistakes was when at a crucial juncture, when he should have raked in interested high school kids, he loaded up on JC players instead.

Or tried to.

Miles is trying to establish a firm foundation, rather than patch holes. The days are gone when a Bill Snyder could fuel good teams with JC players—not as many good players go the Juco route as they once did.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I’m not. One of Mac’s biggest mistakes was when at a crucial juncture, when he should have raked in interested high school kids, he loaded up on JC players instead.

Or tried to.

Miles is trying to establish a firm foundation, rather than patch holes. The days are gone when a Bill Snyder could fuel good teams with JC players—not as many good players go the Juco route as they once did.
Les is like 20 years older when hired at Kansas than when Mac was hired here. He's in is mid 60s now. He needs to win now to salvage any hope there.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Les is like 20 years older when hired at Kansas than when Mac was hired here. He's in is mid 60s now. He needs to win now to salvage any hope there.
He also seems to be showing early signs of a degenerative mental disorder judging from interviews. You really have to wonder how many years of coaching he has left.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I tried to watch this game for a bit. WVU got the ball at the 10 and systematically drove the field for a score. The entire time the announcers were talking about how solid the KU defense was. Really?!

Hard to tell if WVU has anything as KU was god awful in all aspects. I was particularly stunned by how small they were, especially at LB and Secondary. Is this how bad we looked in the day?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He also seems to be showing early signs of a degenerative mental disorder judging from interviews. You really have to wonder how many years of coaching he has left.

Which makes you wonder how much his coaching is what he needs to do to keep going.

It's not like he has anything lingering out there to accomplish, or that's going to happen at KU.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Or tried to.

I was going to bring this up, too, plus, I seem to remember Rhoads attempting a similar roster-building strategy somewhere in his tenure.

It did not go well.

Kansas is just behind 97 eight balls right now. Saban couldn't fix it.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
WVA is a paper tiger 3-1. Holy schnikes this game was ugly, not even Gus Johnson could get himself fired up for this one (that is saying a lot).

• Funny
Reactions: CyclonesRock

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
KSU - 83, 85, 88
KU - 86, 87, 89
MU - 86, 88, 89, 91
OSU - 89
OU - 90