WVU vs KU

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The game is officially over. The officials didn't even look at the WVU catch that the guy scrapped off the turf. Officials are mailing it in from here.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'm still baffled why Miles didnt hit the JUCO route hard.
I’m not. One of Mac’s biggest mistakes was when at a crucial juncture, when he should have raked in interested high school kids, he loaded up on JC players instead.

Or tried to.

Miles is trying to establish a firm foundation, rather than patch holes. The days are gone when a Bill Snyder could fuel good teams with JC players—not as many good players go the Juco route as they once did.

JP4CY

I LOVE LAMP
SuperFanatic
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I’m not. One of Mac’s biggest mistakes was when at a crucial juncture, when he should have raked in interested high school kids, he loaded up on JC players instead.

Or tried to.

Miles is trying to establish a firm foundation, rather than patch holes. The days are gone when a Bill Snyder could fuel good teams with JC players—not as many good players go the Juco route as they once did.
Les is like 20 years older when hired at Kansas than when Mac was hired here. He's in is mid 60s now. He needs to win now to salvage any hope there.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Les is like 20 years older when hired at Kansas than when Mac was hired here. He's in is mid 60s now. He needs to win now to salvage any hope there.
He also seems to be showing early signs of a degenerative mental disorder judging from interviews. You really have to wonder how many years of coaching he has left.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I tried to watch this game for a bit. WVU got the ball at the 10 and systematically drove the field for a score. The entire time the announcers were talking about how solid the KU defense was. Really?!

Hard to tell if WVU has anything as KU was god awful in all aspects. I was particularly stunned by how small they were, especially at LB and Secondary. Is this how bad we looked in the day?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He also seems to be showing early signs of a degenerative mental disorder judging from interviews. You really have to wonder how many years of coaching he has left.
Which makes you wonder how much his coaching is what he needs to do to keep going.

It's not like he has anything lingering out there to accomplish, or that's going to happen at KU.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Washington, DC
I'm still baffled why Miles didnt hit the JUCO route hard.

Or tried to.

I was going to bring this up, too, plus, I seem to remember Rhoads attempting a similar roster-building strategy somewhere in his tenure.

It did not go well.

Kansas is just behind 97 eight balls right now. Saban couldn't fix it.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone