Woman's Game

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
turnovers - and alison had a great game scoring, but picked up her dribble in bad places repeatedly. Didn't do a good job getting good passing angles down to the post either.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
turnovers - and alison had a great game scoring, but picked up her dribble in bad places repeatedly. Didn't do a good job getting good passing angles down to the post either.

Texas is an extremely good defensive team - that's why they won. They came out in the second half and shut us down. We could have won (missed one-and-one, or stopped their off. rebound put-back) but Texas works very, very hard on defense. Goestenkors has got it going in Austin, and I'm impressed. Not many teams would have beaten us in Hilton today, with the great environment.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
Just got back....like someone said above, we had it and let it get away. Texas came out hot at the start of the 2nd half and their D was all over us. I love seeing Denae Stuckey go in there between four or five girls who are 6'2+ and come out with the rebound. Questionable refs--seemed quick to blow the whistle on the slightest nudge (but not both ways)...and there were times when the crowd would count to 10 or more seconds of TX camped out in the lane. But it's our teams job to put up enough points that the refs shouldn't matter.

Bottom line is we had it, it got away, we'll bounce back for the next game.

And I don't know if it was explained on TV or not, but a friend of mine works in athletics and when I asked her why TX wasn't wearing their pink uniforms, she said they didn't want to participate. Nike donated pink unis, shoes, socks, and water bottles to all of their teams that played this weekend...and TX didn't wear them. Would it be that hard to wear pink?

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
On the radio they said that Texas didn't want to wear the pink since their orange is their trade mark..or something like that. Molly Parrott didn't sound too impressed with Texas' reasoning.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I promise not to watch another womens game...any ISU team I watch loses. The only wrestling match I watched we lose and the only womens game I watch we lose..

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I blame mustangcy.

I vote to eliminate mustangcy

Reactions: MidwestZest

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
On the radio they said that Texas didn't want to wear the pink since their orange is their trade mark..or something like that. Molly Parrott didn't sound too impressed with Texas' reasoning.

If that is really why Texas didn't wear them, which I'm sure it is, that is pretty weak given the cause they were benefiting.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

If I was Texas, I wouldn't have worn pink either. Both end zones were solid pink with the fans, and I would want my players in another color so they stood out. Just sayin'.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Team colors vs. cause to prevent a disease that kills women. Great call, Horns.:no:

I hope they had a better reason than that.

Sadly, that was the reason they gave on the radio. It sounded like Molly wanted to expound on it but bit her tongue instead.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Tough game to lose. Things just didn't go our way, from the missed shots, turnovers, and the woman official that apparently has a grudge against ISU (just my opinion). Still, a fun game to watch, even if the ending sucked. One of the best crowds of the season.

By the way, does anyone know what the CF record for most credits lost on a single game is? I may have just set the record ... :wideeyed:

P.S. They announced over the intercom at the game that it was Heather Ezell's birthday today. Happy Birthday Heather! Wish it would have been a win, but happy birthday anyway!

I think coachdags dropped 41 million in a game a few weeks ago:wideeyed::wideeyed::wideeyed:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
A Texas fan at the game today told me that Goestenkors left Duke for Texas in large part because she didn't get along with Coach K. Maybe she could swing by HB's house and let him on what an @%#& he is?