Woman's Game

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Back from the game. This really sucks. I'll take the blame as I made a comment about how horrible Texas was shooting when we were up 11 in the first half, and then Texas made almost every shot. I first round bye is still a lock IMO. Only 1 South team left on the schedule and honestly we shouldn't lose another game the rest of way until OKC.

I mean this in the least sexist way possible, but it is going to come off sexist.... Women officials are terrible. There I said it. That being said I would still rather have a woman official than Ed Hightower.

You are exactly right. Women officials suck. The blonde one today is so crooked it's embarrassing. I hate it when we have women officials because I think they are out to screw us because we have a guy coaching our ladies.

istatefan

Dec 21, 2007
Ames, Iowa
I think coachdags dropped 41 million in a game a few weeks ago:wideeyed::wideeyed::wideeyed:

Woah! :wideeyed: That rules me out for the single game loss of credits at CF.

However, I probably own the record for most credits lost on a WBB game. Hindsight not withstanding, on any given day, I would still do the same, as on any other day, we win that game this afternoon (IMHO). :smile:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
A first round bye is still a lock IMO. Only 1 South team left on the schedule and honestly we shouldn't lose another game the rest of way until OKC.

I'm still not too certain about it.

Assuming ISU wins out to finish 12-4, they still need:
(1) A&M to lose at least once (vs. UT, vs. OU, at BU)
(2) Texas to lose at least twice (at A&M, vs. BU, at KSU, vs. OU)
(3) Possibly need Texas to beat KSU also

If KSU and ISU both finish 12-4, and KSU's 4th loss is to Texas, then the ISU/KSU seed will be determined by a coin flip (barring a tie involving south teams as well).

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

If KSU and ISU both finish 12-4, and KSU's 4th loss is to Texas, then the ISU/KSU seed will be determined by a coin flip (barring a tie involving south teams as well).

Well today KSU did win but their all-america PG lehning DNP because of mono. If she is out for any period of time KSU is screwed.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Well today KSU did win but their all-america PG lehning DNP because of mono. If she is out for any period of time KSU is screwed.

Lucky for them that their next three games are against the dregs of the conference -- Mizzou, Colorado and Nebraska (all 2-8 in the league).

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
On the radio they said that Texas didn't want to wear the pink since their orange is their trade mark..or something like that. Molly Parrott didn't sound too impressed with Texas' reasoning.

I hadn't heard that. I thought it might be due to TV not wanting white versus pink in that the difference might not show up well enough on the tube.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I hadn't heard that. I thought it might be due to TV not wanting white versus pink in that the difference might not show up well enough on the tube.

Other games had both squads in pink, so the decision was by Texas.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Vanderbilt wore pink (as opposed to white with pink trim) at home, and Georgia wore their normal red road uniforms (with pink trim). Oy.

bilde

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL

Do we need A&M to lose? If we both have 4 losses, we won the head-to-head, so we'd be one up.

I was still holding out hope for a 2 or 3 seed, to postpone the OU in OKC as long as possible. Assuming Baylor does not lose 3 or their last 5, they'll be a lock for 2/3. That means we need texas to lose twice, and KSU to lose twice or win a coin flip against them. Right? Oh, and we can't slip up along the way. Looking at it more closely...we really really really could have used that win on sunday. :no:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Do we need A&M to lose? If we both have 4 losses, we won the head-to-head, so we'd be one up.

I was still holding out hope for a 2 or 3 seed, to postpone the OU in OKC as long as possible. Assuming Baylor does not lose 3 or their last 5, they'll be a lock for 2/3. That means we need texas to lose twice, and KSU to lose twice or win a coin flip against them. Right? Oh, and we can't slip up along the way. Looking at it more closely...we really really really could have used that win on sunday. :no:

It's more of a "better safe than sorry" approach re: A&M. Getting in a 3-way tie with A&M and Texas may get sticky.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
If we win out (and that's a big if -- @ Tech will be dicey, and I never count @ Kansas as an automatic win) I don't see a reasonable scenario that puts us any lower than a 4 seed.

Baylor (9-2): @ Oklahoma, Tech, @ Texas, @ Kansas, A&M
A&M (7-4): Texas, Oklahoma, @ KSU, OSU, @ Baylor
Texas (7-3): OSU, @ A&M, @ Missouri, Baylor, @ KSU, Oklahoma
KSU (7-3): @ Missouri, Colorado, @ Nebraska, A&M, Texas, @ Colorado

Operating under the assumption that Oklahoma will go undefeated and we will win out (for the purposes of argument here), I found only one scenario that gets us the #5 seed, and that has Texas, Baylor, ISU, and KSU all tied at 12-4 and ISU losing the coin flip to KSU.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Vanderbilt wore pink (as opposed to white with pink trim) at home, and Georgia wore their normal red road uniforms (with pink trim). Oy.

Lots of teams didn't wear pink yesterday, not just Texas. Maryland had a home game with Rutgers - Brenda Frese had them wear their regular white uniforms.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Lots of teams didn't wear pink yesterday, not just Texas. Maryland had a home game with Rutgers - Brenda Frese had them wear their regular white uniforms.

Maryland is an Under Armour school.

Nike provided its schools with the pink apparel, at no charge. Texas is one of those schools.