Will the BIG10 Reverse Their Decision?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
This post is garage. Another sheep following the media narrative. This country is falling apart. Out.

lolololol. you people need new words. yes. the country is falling apart because of the media. not because of the lack of leadership, the raping of the middle class, the endless ground war in the middle east. its because of the media.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
You could certainly argue that it came a little out of no-where. It was just last week they put out their conference schedule and then like 4 days later there were rumors they were just cancelling the season.
Parents weigh in ..........
"Similar to players having the opportunity to opt out if they choose, we feel like our teams should have that opportunity," Miller said. "We're at a different level of Rutgers and Maryland. I don't mean that to sound pompous, it's just true. Our guys want to play. They want to play and they should have the opportunity to play if they want. They shouldn't be subjected to this vote, yes or no. Well, if you guys don't want to play, opt out. Opt your team out. Let the six teams that want to play, play."

• Haha
Reactions: VeloClone

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Parents weigh in ..........
"Similar to players having the opportunity to opt out if they choose, we feel like our teams should have that opportunity," Miller said. "We're at a different level of Rutgers and Maryland. I don't mean that to sound pompous, it's just true. Our guys want to play. They want to play and they should have the opportunity to play if they want. They shouldn't be subjected to this vote, yes or no. Well, if you guys don't want to play, opt out. Opt your team out. Let the six teams that want to play, play."
"We demand answers and we demand them by Wednesday! . . . . or ELSE!"

• Haha
Reactions: LincolnWay187

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
these are the ultimate karens and kens. these parents just need to stfu. i think its pretty telling that the players aren't the ones making the stink. probably because kurt told them to shut up. maybe they can use this time to make their program less systemically racist?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cy$

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
these are the ultimate karens and kens. these parents just need to stfu. i think its pretty telling that the players aren't the ones making the stink. probably because kurt told them to shut up. maybe they can use this time to make their program less systemically racist?

I'd be pretty ******* embarrassed if I was a child of one of those people.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Nope. We don't have to have a middle ground on pandemic life. That gets people killed.
No, they will not reverse their decision.
I will be shocked if our season goes as planned. Tough to say, but I think we are on the wrong side of history. I think the b10 and P12 made the correct decision.
I just hope that if we try to play that we have no fans. Never much doubt the confederacy was going to play regardless of the consequences.
Saying the 'wrong' side of history when the conference has been forthright with taking it one step at a time, is 'forecasting' fate. Let's just say, instead, the conference elected to proceed forward, but still with the possibility of new data pre-empting the season.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Saying the 'wrong' side of history when the conference has been forthright with taking it one step at a time, is 'forecasting' fate. Let's just say, instead, the conference elected to proceed forward, but still with the possibility of new data pre-empting the season.

I agree, nothing will change in the next two to three weeks. They will practice (or at least lift, do drills, and other things) and go to class like they would have. Waiting two to three weeks was not going to change anything that was going to happen, so why do it then? Schools/conferences are taking more and more steps to mediate any issues and gather more intelligence on how to move forward or not move forward.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
So what does the Big10 Network do this year with no Big10 sports? Will they discuss/show highlights of Big12/ACC/SEC games (assuming they play)? Can they justify the price point of their network on cable/satellite providers without live content? Can the network afford to keep their talent (Andy Katz may be looking for work yet again)? Can the BTN afford to ignore football that may be happening just because their conference isn't playing?

Lots of interesting questions abound about the viability of the 3rd-tier TV networks, especially the already struggling PAC12 Network.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
So what does the Big10 Network do this year with no Big10 sports? Will they discuss/show highlights of Big12/ACC/SEC games (assuming they play)? Can they justify the price point of their network on cable/satellite providers without live content? Can the network afford to keep their talent (Andy Katz may be looking for work yet again)? Can the BTN afford to ignore football that may be happening just because their conference isn't playing?

Lots of interesting questions abound about the viability of the 3rd-tier TV networks, especially the already struggling PAC12 Network.

They'll show replays of all those Nebraska teams from the 90s that dominated in the Big 10.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
They'll show replays of all those Nebraska teams from the 90s that dominated in the Big 10.

Beat me to it. They will totally do this plus replays of the top 100 games of The OSU. :rolleyes:

And lots of volleyball since they are the premier conference for that. With no NCAA's the Big 10 and PAC 12 champs can claim a mythical co-championship for 2020.

kcbob79clone

If the trend continues with players/coaches numbers getting smaller then I think games will be played.

Whether fans can attend will be dependent on how well they handle the situation. If numbers go up the likelihood of fans at games decreases. Jamie's 0-25-50 plan illustrates that fans need to do their part if they want to attend games.

There will be those that try to say that if numbers in the city/county/state/nation go up while the players/coaches numbers are going down that the games should be canceled. Expect a lot of crap over the next 3 weeks.

• Agree
Reactions: helechopper

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I don't foresee the BIG and PAC changing direction, but I do see them being demoralized by not playing this fall and hanging their hopes on a spring season that will never materialize.

I do think the big 3 will have a successful go at a full season. It's not going to be pretty, there will be covid cases on many teams, the schedules will be shuffled, but football is happening.

For the gun-jumping conferences It's going to be excruciatingly brutal to be sitting at home while their contemporaries battle it out on the gridiron. I'll have a smile on my face the whole time.

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
If they never tested positive for the Rona. Why would they be counted as a positive?

There have been cases of people being counted positive without ever being tested because they had been around someone who was positive over a certain period of time. I also know three people who tested positive, had zero symptoms, were tested again shortly after, and tested negative. All three said their doctors told them the mouth swab tests they took the first time were garbage. These were all close family who live in Texas. It's all a big cluster f/%?.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
There have been cases of people being counted positive without ever being tested because they had been around someone who was positive over a certain period of time. I also know three people who tested positive, had zero symptoms, were tested again shortly after, and tested negative. All three said their doctors told them the mouth swab tests they took the first time were garbage. These were all close family who live in Texas. It's all a big cluster f/%?.

The testing problems in this country are a massive embarrassment.