Will the BIG10 Reverse Their Decision?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
This post is garage. Another sheep following the media narrative. This country is falling apart. Out.

The people I disagree with are sheep and the media they listen to are liars is definitely not a narrative:rolleyes:

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I'd be pretty ******* embarrassed if I was a child of one of those people.
Yep, helicopter parenting at it’s worst. These “kids” are legal adults. I’d be mortified that as an adult my parents tried to fight my battles for me, hell from about age 14 on I was mortified if they tried to get involved in **** like that.

Reactions: cycloneG

kcbob79clone

The testing problems in this country are a massive embarrassment.

Especially early on when honestly you need the accurate date. CDC admits early testing kits were faulty and the errors were false positives.

Then when we need to see how many new cases we have they lumped antibodies positives in with cases that currently have it. ABs cases important from historical but not where the curve is at this point in time

Reactions: cycloneG

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
If they never tested positive for the Rona. Why would they be counted as a positive?

CDC has other criteria than testing, you can be counted a positive w/o having taken a test if the provider thinks you actually had it.

In cases where a definite diagnosis of COVID–19 cannot be made, but it is suspected or likely (e.g., the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty), it is acceptable to report COVID–19 on a death certificate as “probable” or “presumed.” In these instances, certifiers should use their best clinical judgement in determining if a COVID–19 infection was likely. However, please note that testing for COVID–19 should be conducted whenever possible.

This and reporting multiple tests from the same positive cases (as an attempt to get back to work/nursing home etc...) are two very common things that happen hundreds of times a day that skew the stats we are getting. I only know one person who has tested positive, he had to take 4 test before he was cleared to come back to work but all 3 positives counted as "new cases" in our county. With that skewing numbers up and inconsistent/unavailable testing covering up cases, it's a **** show.

• Winner
Reactions: CYEATHAWK

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
CDC has other criteria than testing, you can be counted a positive w/o having taken a test if the provider thinks you actually had it.

In cases where a definite diagnosis of COVID–19 cannot be made, but it is suspected or likely (e.g., the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty), it is acceptable to report COVID–19 on a death certificate as “probable” or “presumed.” In these instances, certifiers should use their best clinical judgement in determining if a COVID–19 infection was likely. However, please note that testing for COVID–19 should be conducted whenever possible.

This and reporting multiple tests from the same positive cases (as an attempt to get back to work/nursing home etc...) are two very common things that happen hundreds of times a day that skew the stats we are getting. I only know one person who has tested positive, he had to take 4 test before he was cleared to come back to work but all 3 positives counted as "new cases" in our county. With that skewing numbers up and inconsistent/unavailable testing covering up cases, it's a **** show.
You are 100% incorrect. Tests don’t count as cases. Follow on testing for positives don’t count as new cases. It is painful the amount of misinformation being spewed. Its as if the Russians are trying to influence Easily mislead people.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
You are 100% incorrect. Tests don’t count as cases. Follow on testing for positives don’t count as new cases. It is painful the amount of misinformation being spewed. Its as if the Russians are trying to influence Easily mislead people.

Ok, I could easily be wrong, just going by what the person said and what our county numbers showed. He was told by his doctor that was the case. Dr must be Russian. I also live with a hcp, they echoed what his doctor said, must have a Russian bride as well.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Ok, I could easily be wrong, just going by what the person said and what our county numbers showed. He was told by his doctor that was the case. Dr must be Russian. I also live with a hcp, they echoed what his doctor said, must have a Russian bride as well.
Or none of your sources can read plainly stated **** on the cdc website. Maybe it is in Russian? Maybe they are illiterate? Maybe folks are lapping up info that confirms whatever bias the have. so many options.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
They may have cherry picked some 'experts' but they are not going in line with the wide majority of medical opinion. Especially with regards to the presence of fans. Theyve also been repeating some outright garbage, such as the idea that somehow players are safer playing football than not, which is absurd, and really calls into question the advice theyre being given.

Hell, look at JP and his childishness after the county health board implored no fans, and he ran to twitter to post a picture of the stadium and "can't wait to have all the fans here". Lost a ton of respect for him with that move.

this is just false. Big 12 had, Duke, Mayo Clinic among others opine. This idea that reasonable and fair minded people can’t disagree on things just has to stop. Nobody is leading kids to slaughter, just stop it.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I think this explains the Big 10's decision a little more.

Dr. Curt Daniels, director of the Adolescent and Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program and the Pulmonary Hypertension Program at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, confirmed that he has seen heart damage in athletes with COVID-19.

Daniels spoke about the impact of COVID-19 on the heart at Gov. Mike DeWine’s Thursday briefing. DeWine asked Daniels to talk about COVID-19 and athletes in light on the Big Ten’s recent decision to cancel its fall football season.

Between 10% and 13% of athletes who tested positive for COVID-19, and had their hearts examined, showed evidence of heart inflammation. All of the athletes had mild cases of the illness, Daniels said.

There is the danger of a serious heart problem if the heart is inflamed and stressed during exercise, Daniels said.

kcbob79clone

Sorry if a duplicate, with so many threads. Cardiologist at University of Michigan refutes study B1G/Pac-12 used to justify canceling football. Interesting read.

The Commissioner of the B1G must know this as he is allowing his son to play in the SEC.

Man the 'Venk Murthy' and 'Prof Darrell Francis' Twitter threads are a hoot. They are talking high level statistics and falsification of data and are being attacked. Funniest was when 'Prof Darrell Francis' said Venk mentioned something called a Big10.

Last edited:

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I think this explains the Big 10's decision a little more.

Dr. Curt Daniels, director of the Adolescent and Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program and the Pulmonary Hypertension Program at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, confirmed that he has seen heart damage in athletes with COVID-19.

Daniels spoke about the impact of COVID-19 on the heart at Gov. Mike DeWine’s Thursday briefing. DeWine asked Daniels to talk about COVID-19 and athletes in light on the Big Ten’s recent decision to cancel its fall football season.

Between 10% and 13% of athletes who tested positive for COVID-19, and had their hearts examined, showed evidence of heart inflammation. All of the athletes had mild cases of the illness, Daniels said.

There is the danger of a serious heart problem if the heart is inflamed and stressed during exercise, Daniels said.

I think the typical rate of myocarditis in people that have the flu is about 11%. I think it’s odd no one has been concerned about myocarditis in athletes until now.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
The Commissioner of the B1G must know this as he is allowing his son to play in the SEC.

Man the 'Venk Murthy' and 'Prof Darrell Francis' Twitter threads are a hoot. They are talking high level statistics and falsification of data and are being attacked. Funniest was when 'Prof Darrell Francis' said Venk mentioned something called a Big10.

Think my parents would let me have made the choice to play or not if in that situation.

Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Get used to this happening a lot between now and December. The Big12 Championship may come down to what teams handle the virus the best and also deal with attrition.

It’s gonna be a wild ride with a lot of ups and downs.