Will the BIG10 Reverse Their Decision?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The tweet is wrong, I think.

I thought the B1G originally planned on playing 10 conference games.

Drop at OSU and MSU and call it good for Iowa.

The tweet is not wrong. Iowa originally had 9 Big Ten games and 3 non conference games scheduled

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Originally as in the scheduled that was announced in August, after the B1G said they were playing conference games only.
Read the tweet. The original 9 game schedule pre Covid. Lol this isn't complicated. Look at what Iowa's conference schedule was supposed to whenever it was announced until August and that's what it will be minus one game

STCoach

Sep 16, 2020
Read the tweet. The original 9 game schedule pre Covid. Lol this isn't complicated. Look at what Iowa's conference schedule was supposed to whenever it was announced until August whatever and that's what it will be minus one game

Yep, you are right.

So my initial point on it was correct. Either at OSU or at PSU are going to be dropped.

Works for me!

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Originally as in the schedule that was announced in August, after the B1G said they were playing conference games only.

New troll in the house it looks like. Joins today and already 14 posts and -2 on the reaction rating. First post at 10:24 am. Going to be a Buddy type poster I see.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It's pretty wild watching Chris say in one tweet that the truth is always found in the middle between the extremes, then in another he's buying wholesale into conspiracy theories about how schools are skipping football just to hurt Trump.
Could you copy his tweet that says they are skipping football to hurt Trump, because I don't see it? From the tweets I see he says the reaction to Corona is political. Now this could be taken several different ways, but from listening to him explain this many times he is talking about the reaction to the virus breaks down political lines, which seems like a fairly obvious statement to me because it does.

• Winner
Reactions: Urbandale2013

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
If the states are over the guidelines, are the teams allowed to play?
According to that tweet, if a team is in the red area, it must stop practice and games for 1 week and reassess after that. I have no idea how accurate that tweet is and if that positivity rate is for the entire state, county, University or what.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
According to that tweet, if a team is in the red area, it must stop practice and games for 1 week and reassess after that. I have no idea how accurate that tweet is and if that positivity rate is for the entire state, county, University or what.

That seems a little weird to me if it's just region. Should be football team specific and some teams won't get out of it unless their 'region' gets their **** together and knocks down the case numbers.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneG

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
That seems a little weird to me if it's just region. Should be football team specific and some teams won't get out of it unless their 'region' gets their **** together and knocks down the case numbers.

If it's based on region, Iowa would never play. Zero chance Iowa ever drops below 5%.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
If it's based on region, Iowa would never play. Zero chance Iowa ever drops below 5%.
Agreed. That clip was pulled right from the Big 10 website. I skimmed it briefly and didn’t see what they determined as “population positivity rate”. But if they are using a certain region “like IC or Johnson County” Iowa won’t even be allowed to practice for awhile, if ever.
Here’s the full article:https://bigten.org/news/2020/9/16/t...ball-season-to-resume-october-23-24-2020.aspx

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Agreed. That clip was pulled right from the Big 10 website. I skimmed it briefly and didn’t see what they determined as “population positivity rate”. But if they are using a certain region “like IC or Johnson County” Iowa won’t even be allowed to practice for awhile, if ever.
Here’s the full article:https://bigten.org/news/2020/9/16/t...ball-season-to-resume-october-23-24-2020.aspx
They are probably letting each school determine their region. So they could use Iowa, Johnson County, Iowa City or the football training table as their region and switch it to whatever gives them the result they want each week.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Just about the time the B1G gets going with playing football.... the rest of the country will be shutting it down because the combination of Covid and the flu will just be hitting it's stride about then and the country will be a total s**t show.

Reactions: Cyclad and Jer

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Just about the time the B1G gets going with playing football.... the rest of the country will be shutting it down because the combination of Covid and the flu will just be hitting it's stride about then and the country will be a total s**t show.

I think flu season's peak typically is more after the New Year.