Why didn't the Big 4 Classic work?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I stopped and got gas there a couple months ago. Those gas stations in Des Moines put those ones from the booneis where I’m from to shame.

Lol, are you really that offended by my boonies comment? If so I apologize, Im from a small rural area in Iowa originally, I thought people could take a joke, obviously not.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Lol, are you really that offended by my boonies comment? If so I apologize, Im from a small rural area in Iowa originally, I thought people could take a joke, obviously not.
I found it very comical. I’m making fun of you if you can’t tell. Not sure where you think I’m mad.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Nobody at work has even mentioned the Big 4 this week. Man, I just can't figure out why the Big 4 didn't work....

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Just curious where most of you guys are from that hate Des Moines, Polk County, and the Hy-Vee Classic?

Im in the minority of people not scared to put my city on my profile so Im just curious of the demographics.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just curious where most of you guys are from that hate Des Moines, Polk County, and the Hy-Vee Classic?

Im in the minority of people not scared to put my city on my profile so Im just curious of the demographics.

Ames, I don't hate DM. I just don't care about this event.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Fair enough, Ive heard everything from too many Iowa fans to be around to the parking sucks, so why do you hate it?
1. Too expensive for the caliber of game.
2. Dont want to pay to watch a matchup of two lousy mid majors from eastern Iowa play after.
3. Seats are configured for hockey games so viewing sucks.
4. Atmosphere sucks compared to Hilton
5. No reason to play a crappy mid major on a neutral court.

• Useful
Reactions: NoCreativity

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Grew up in eastern Iowa
Went to ISU
lived in DM
lived in Ames
currently live in Newton/Baxter

I like Des Moines, but as I mentioned I don't like the view in WF. Also, I get having community pride but you take it to the extreme. You want to bash my hometown, my current town or any in between I'm not going to take it personally because quite honestly it's something I don't care about.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Love Des Moines. Great city with a lot to offer. Hate Hy-Vee classic for reasons listed above.

• Useful
Reactions: NoCreativity

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
<=== I have my hometown in my profile.

I don't hate Des Moines but I still don't think WF is a very good arena for BB. I also don't like paying for 2 games when I am only interested in one of them. I make it to most FB games but very few BB games so I am going to make it count when I do.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

West Des Moines

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron