Which entrée do you order?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I'll take one of each, but out of courtesy for who is buying just give me the biggest one of the duplicates in different portions.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I was taken to Pappa's steakhouse last week by a recruiter. I had 3 makers & 7 before dinner, a ribeye w/ creamed spinach & au gratin potatoes, and a very nice bottle of wine ($400 type), then followed dinner with a glass of Makers 46.

Recruiter had similar meal and drinks, all in the bill after tip was over $600.

All that to say the price list you are showing is similar to Pappas and I had the ribeye.
Thought people cut out drinks during interviews now, let alone hammering them down.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Porterhouse for me. Best flavor. Get the strip and the loin. Cleaning the bone at the end gives it a nice finish to the meal.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Filet 12oz, otherwise lamb.
I have have plenty of the others

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
Filet is definitely tender, but it doesn't have as much flavor as other cuts. I'd probably go Porterhouse off of this menu, as it has a bit of the best from both worlds.

That said, I'd prefer a good, double bone pork chop to any cut of beef, most days.
Have you tried the pork chop ribeyes (I think that is what they are called)? They are on sale for $1 per almost every week at Fareway. I think they are what's left over from a loin after all of the pure white meat is cut off. It's bassicly a dark meat chop. They cook up super tender.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Have you tried the pork chop ribeyes (I think that is what they are called)? They are on sale for $1 per almost every week at Fareway. I think they are what's left over from a loin after all of the pure white meat is cut off. It's bassicly a dark meat chop. They cook up super tender.
Yeah, those are fantastic. My preference for pork over beef is that it's just so much more versatile, and frankly it just tastes better.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah, those are fantastic. My preference for pork over beef is that it's just so much more versatile, and frankly it just tastes better.
We get pork and beef from a locker. When you get a 1/4 beef you get A LOT of ground beef. With pork you can get ground, italian and breakfast sausages, brats.
We also make things like swedish meatballs, this egg roll skillet meal, etc.

I totally agree with pork being more versatile.

Reactions: Mr Janny

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
For me, a big thick rare juicy ribeye is king!, Other than that, I agree. As I get older I am finding that we are eating pork a whole lot more. A smoked ribeye chop is a damn delicious thing. Ham and bacon are always good, and pretty damn hard to screw up. I have always preferred pork ribs to beef ribs. Burgers are always better if you add ground pork.

• Wow
Reactions: dafarmer

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I think they are 88 cents this week or maybe that was last week. We’ve been getting them every week and husband grills enough for two nights. They are actually a nicely portioned size too. I do cut the fat off mine once it’s cooked though.

Reactions: cdnlngld

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
12 oz filet cooked between Rare and Medium Rare. Hopefully they have a nice sauce to pair, preferably abutter/herb combo like DeBurgo. Then a nice spicy Pinot Noir.