What are is fondness memories from 99-00 team?

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Did I have a stroke reading that thread title?
I remember taking english 105 that semester and learning how to write a coherent sentence.
I came here for the comments and surprised it took this many to address the thread title.

I remember being home the weekend of the elite 8 game and afraid to move from my spot on the couch so as not to "jinx it". Damn weak bladder, the game went downhill from there

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I remember taking english 105 that semester and learning how to write a coherent sentence.
I came here for the comments and surprised it took this many to address the thread title.

I remember being home the weekend of the elite 8 game and afraid to move from my spot on the couch so as not to "jinx it". Damn weak bladder, the game went downhill from there

So that was your fault

20eyes

May 15, 2020
My fondest memory was the oSu game. Iirc, it was late in the season, we crushed them by like 20 and the crowd started chanting ONE MORE YEAR for Marcus. That team just had so much juice, you could feel the electricity when they stepped onto the floor, more than I've ever felt since. I think the most confident starting five we've probably ever had.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
My fondest memory was the oSu game. Iirc, it was late in the season, we crushed them by like 20 and the crowd started chanting ONE MORE YEAR for Marcus. That team just had so much juice, you could feel the electricity when they stepped onto the floor, more than I've ever felt since. I think the most confident starting five we've probably ever had.

Was going to say this game. It was senior day. Johnny was back for this game. Remember the reverse dunk by Fizer late in the game to seal the deal.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA

This is it for me. I was hopeful until my dad told me “no way he stays”. I was 10, Dad, let me have hope. Then I cried in the aisle for a bit when the game ended because I knew it was the last time we’d see Fizer play in Hilton.

Reactions: 20eyes

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
That was my senior year and I’d already accepted a job - so I was all in with this team. We went to every tourney game, BigXII and NCAA. Lots of great memories - except the last ones.

One of my favorites was our first introduction to Tinsley, in a exhibition game, I think, he beat his defender into the lane and whipped an impossible pass to a big (probably Shirley) who wasn’t expecting it and it hit him square in the face.

the Fizer dunk over the stupid poser Chris Mihm was definitely my favorite moment though. There was a lot of “talk” going into that game about Mihm being POY and better than Fizer and Marcus just destroyed him all night and sealed it with the dunk.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I was at the Sweet 16 win over UCLA @ Auburn Hills. Only game I attended all year. I'll never forget Kapono (who I liked as a player) sitting on the bench with the towel over his head! FWIW, in the pre-Stub-hub days, it was really hard to get a ticket to that game, but a friend of mine scored a pair for my wife and I through a connection in the Athletic Department. My wife is a life long Cyclone Fan, and she was uptight all night! Just a fun, fun night! Didn't have tickets for the Elite 8, so headed home to Chicago and watched that debacle on TV. My wife was crushed after the loss to Sparty.

Reactions: A_storm_is_comin

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron