WBB: General All-NCAA Thread - Not Team Cyclones Stuff

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
WNIT champ: Saint Louis, over Minnesota

WBIT champ: Illinois, over Villanova
That means if Iowa women lose tomorrow, St. Louis and Illinois had better seasons as it is better to win a lesser tourney than participate and lose in the NCAA tourney (Hawk logic).

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Meanwhile, the rich just keep getting richer. UConn will put three #1 recruits on the floor starting next year. You can probably pencil in UConn, SC, Texas and USC in the Final Four 2025. The ceiling for everyone else is likely Elite Eight.

Watching USC and Texas in the NCAA…I was not impressed with either team. Prior I thought Texas was a final four team…they obviously were not.

• Agree
Reactions: WBBfan15

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
About time she stepped down. Good timing in a way, the portal, NIL and realignments have changed EVERYTHING she's known for her career.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

Unfortunately, Stanford may slowly die on the vine with her retirement. There has been slippage over the last two years, but this may be what moves Stanford from the elite programs.

Rumor was she had no interest in the transfer portal and was not looking forward to the travel with their new conference affiliation.

cincy_cy2014

Jan 19, 2023
Unfortunately, Stanford may slowly die on the vine with her retirement. There has been slippage over the last two years, but this may be what moves Stanford from the elite programs.

Rumor was she had no interest in the transfer portal and was not looking forward to the travel with their new conference affiliation.
I believe Stanford’s admission process does not allow their athletic teams to accept transfers so their entire athletic programs are at a huge disadvantage with NIL.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
With VanDerveer retiring, does that make Coach Fennelly the longest tenured coach in women's college basketball?