***WBB: 2021 Recruiting Thread***

Tnsports

Jan 11, 2021
Maggie Vick got a nomination (her name is in the south region). Congrats!

Not being negative. I watched a lot of games on nfhs with Maggie vick. What i saw is slow movement, don't get off ground on rebounds or jumping for ball. Constantly getting pushed around by smaller girls. I hope she works out for us. I just am not sure she is this level.

Tnsports

Jan 11, 2021
Not being negative. I watched a lot of games on nfhs with Maggie vick. What i saw is slow movement, don't get off ground on rebounds or jumping for ball. Constantly getting pushed around by smaller girls. I hope she works out for us. I just am not sure she is this level.
Dana Fritz is the real deal. I really like her game. tuff, competitive has a mean streak. I think we got a steal in her.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Here are some potential transfers we might be looking at. Not enough certainty on any of them to add to the list in the original post.

Carlie Littlefield -- 5'9" senior guard at Princeton (originally from Waukee). 2x first team all Ivy. One year of eligibility remaining. Not playing this year (no Ivy League basketball this season).
Littlefield is going to North Carolina next year.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
A few more transfer names that seem to me on the radar of the coaching staff (but not enough to add to the main list at this time):

Alli Campbell, 6-0 freshman guard at Notre Dame. She was a top 50 recruit but saw limited action.

Amirah Abdur-Rahim, 6-3 freshman forward at Notre Dame. She was a highly-ranked recruit before injury issues in high school. Reputation as a good post defender. Looks to be more of a project at the moment. Saw limited action. She's the (much) younger sister of Shareef Abdur-Rahim -- of 13 siblings, he's #2 and she's #11. Amirah's about the same age as Shareef's son Jabri, who plays for Virginia.

Ali Brigham, 6-4 freshman post at George Washington. Averaged 11.9 ppg and 4.7 rpg this season. A10 all-rookie team.

Imani Lewis, 6-1 junior forward at Wisconsin. Averaged 15.0 ppg and 8.8 rpg. 2nd team all-conference (media), hm all-conference (coaches). She only attempted 4 threes the whole season, so she's definitely an interior player.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CyclonesFan4ever

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
A few more transfer names that seem to me on the radar of the coaching staff (but not enough to add to the main list at this time):

Alli Campbell, 6-0 freshman guard at Notre Dame. She was a top 50 recruit but saw limited action.

Amirah Abdur-Rahim, 6-3 freshman forward at Notre Dame. Looks to be more of a project. Saw limited action.

Ali Brigham, 6-4 freshman post at George Washington. Averaged 11.9 ppg and 4.7 rpg this season.

Imani Lewis, 6-1 junior forward at Wisconsin. Averaged 15.0 ppg and 8.8 rpg. 2nd team all-conference (media), hm all-conference (coaches). She only attempted 4 threes the whole season, so she's definitely an interior player.

That freshman gal from George Washington had pretty good stats as a freshman for a relatively unheralded recruit.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

Campbell is going to Penn State

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Another name to keep an eye on:

Oshlynn Brown, 6-1 senior forward from Ball State. She's played 4 years but is taking a fifth year of eligibility with the covid waiver as a grad transfer. 2x first-team all MAC (and they only have 5 on the first team). Over 1400 career points and 1100 career rebounds. Averaged 18.9 and 12.9 in 2020-21.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
This year's transfer market is huge. Coaching staff please work your magic and find a seasoned P6 caliber post player who fits Iowa State culture and loves to play in Hilton. This team could use strong interior defense (rebounding and blocking) and some easy baskets in the paint.

• Agree
Reactions: cyguy9320

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Another name to keep an eye on:

Oshlynn Brown, 6-1 senior forward from Ball State. She's played 4 years but is taking a fifth year of eligibility with the covid waiver as a grad transfer. 2x first-team all MAC (and they only have 5 on the first team). Over 1400 career points and 1100 career rebounds. Averaged 18.9 and 12.9 in 2020-21.
Brown has officially been added to the list.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Texas freshman forward Elyssa Coleman is in the transfer portal. No. 12-ranked forward in the 2020 class according to espnW. She didn't play in the 2020-21 season due to a knee injury.

Issues with Vic?? Maybe that is why Collier is leaving for the WNBA as well...

Last edited: