Washington State game thoughts

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
**** WSU. Enjoy the WCC/MWC.

Myself, I much prefer to respect our opponents. Is sportsmanship dead?
Didn't make it Omaha! :(

But I picked up a 12 Ames Lager cans at Hyvee today and non and have had about 9 of them... :D

Haven't gotten to Ames Lager here in Cedar Rapids yet. I like Bud, pilsners. Is AL in that category, or quite different? Thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
The B12 gauntlet taught this team how to finish. At half TJ suggested to Gilbert that driving the hoop, going in the air with the hope that the refs would call a foul wasn’t working. TJ also put Watson on the hot shooter and WSU didn’t have anybody else step up.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
People say that every game but it’s not a thing that will ever happen, people will always think they didn’t get calls they should have.
Every fan base remembers all the bad calls that go against their team and maybe half or less of the bad calls that go their way. And so every fan base complains about inconsistency and thinks they are always getting the short end of the stick.

Now, as ISU fans we’ve had some colossal F ups in officiating, but those are mostly a KU thing, but ask K state about Svi Muchailik (so?) and his game winner after taking five steps.

And we all want consistent officiating. But watch college basketball now, esp in the Big 12. There is SO much fouling. It’s pretty hard to be consistent when so many teams are using the can’t call them all strategy.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
People say that every game but it’s not a thing that will ever happen, people will always think they didn’t get calls they should have.
I thought it was more inconsistent between the officials, I thought it was fair between the teams just inconsistent between the stripes.

• Agree
Reactions: Pat and dafarmer

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I thought it was more inconsistent between the officials, I thought it was fair between the teams just inconsistent between the stripes.
I mean they're different people so I don't know that it's realistic to think they're going to call things exactly the same.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Wazzu had a great defensive gameplan. We had to work for everything in that first half.

Seemed like they were hitting everything for a spell.

Props to TJ and the guys for staying tough and keeping it as a tie game at half, then imposing their will in the 2nd

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Myself, I much prefer to respect our opponents. Is sportsmanship dead?

Haven't gotten to Ames Lager here in Cedar Rapids yet. I like Bud, pilsners. Is AL in that category, or quite different? Thanks.

Found it at Wilson Avenue Hyvee! :)

Reactions: CyValley

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I guess no one remembers what the PAC people were saying about us and our conference in every round of realignment.

Don't care what they said. Just win, baby! I ain't got time for their negativity. That's on them.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Respect opponents, particularly when they give it their all. I'm in my 70s, I can't but wonder if this is a generational difference.

It's not war, we're not killing each other in sports. So, why is sportsmanship not worthwhile?
Not generational. I’m much younger. I assume many who don’t have good sportsmanship either didn’t play or had bad coaches.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38 and jctisu

NY Chicago Fan

Mar 17, 2023
Started horrible shooting but never panic as they know that defense carries them in times of trouble. ISU made key plays on offense then second half and kept playing within the offense. They barely take any bad shots or turn it over, great teamwork and trust. Now hopefully they start off stronger next game, but as long as they get the W I'll take it

Making free throws was key. Anyone who watched Auburn get upset, missing free throws can ruin you.

Reactions: CycloneSpinning

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Had Forever True on tap tonight during the game. It was really tasty. Especially in the second half.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron