Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Wife got Moderna, I got Pfizer. She was wiped out for 36 hours (fever, chills, nausea). I got lucky and just had a headache for 12 or so hours.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JVAR and Peter

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Anybody here have J&J experience? I have appointment in a week.
I did. That night I had severe chills for about 4 hours in the middle of the night. Threw on a heating blanket and champed through. Had nothing after that subsided. My wife however had body aches, nausea, and just felt generally unwell for about 4 days or so. She definitely got it worse than me. Sore are lasted a few days but it’s a bigger needle with a higher fill so it was expected.

• Informative
Reactions: HFCS

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Got my second dose of Pfizer on Thursday and was completely wrecked all day Friday. High fever, chills, and crazy body aches. I’ve never hard a bad reaction to a vaccine before so this really caught me by surprise. Anyone else have a hard vaccine experience?

Everyone I know who had the Moderna vaccine had the same exact reaction on the second one, accompanied by high fever. Everyone except me, that is. I know of at least 30 people who had the Moderna injections and every one of them had that reaction. Luckily, it only lasted a few hours for most of them, but the majority of them either had to call in to work that day or leave early because they were so sick.

• Informative
Reactions: Peter

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
1st Moderna had crazy sore arm, fatigue and headache for 24hrs, soreness lasted a couple days. 2nd dose Thursday and didn't look forward to it. Same intense arm soreness but nothing else. I took tylenol for a (likely) unrelated headache about 6 hrs in and IDK if that killed the reaction or what. I was sure after the 1st that 2nd would suck. Spouse has had his 1st, soreness only if he poked the injection site.
The arm soreness part seems gender related to me, at least anecdotally. My wife, her sister, and several mutual female friends all complained of a very sore, tender arm. Like I joked about play punching my wife in her arm and she threatened extreme violence if I did that. On the other hand I barely felt anything in my arm and I haven't heard of any excessive soreness from male friends and family members of mine who've had the vaccine. Could just be coincidence though.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The arm soreness part seems gender related to me, at least anecdotally. My wife, her sister, and several mutual female friends all complained of a very sore, tender arm. Like I joked about play punching my wife in her arm and she threatened extreme violence if I did that. On the other hand I barely felt anything in my arm and I haven't heard of any excessive soreness from male friends and family members of mine who've had the vaccine. Could just be coincidence though.

I had a sore arm for a day after, but it was pretty comparable to flu shot arm pain. Nothing excessive

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
First Pfizer shot was just sore at injection site, maybe a bit less then a flu shot. Second shot was a bit more sore and my entire arm was hot to the touch. Like I had a fever that was constrained to my arm. Took a Tylenol before bed just incase and woke feeling fine.

My dad also took Pfizer and had no reaction except soreness at the site.

Reactions: Peter

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I could have worked through my 2nd shot reaction if I had to, but it was tough to sleep that first night. Chills and body ache.
Yeah I think I’ll set the warning that I probably won’t be working Friday

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I just got my first dose of Pfizer yesterday. traditionally, I have bad reactions to vaccines. I always get the sore arm, and more often then not, I will run a low grade fever to go along with chills and body aches. I usually plan on feeling crappy the day after my yearly flu shot. So, I was expecting this to be similar. But so far, I've only had the sore arm. I felt a little tired today, but I wasn't planning on doing much besides watching the Masters anyway, so it didn't impact my day too much. The second shot may knock me on my ass, but knock on wood so far.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Have only had first Moderna. I didn’t even realize they had poked me and had no reaction at all. Had worse reactions to flu shot.

Husband had no reaction with either Moderna. Got his second in January. One of his coworkers did have fatigue on her second one. Hoping my second goes as well, easy day to remember, 4/20.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
My parents both got the Moderna. Both shots they just had slightly tender arms the day after and that was it.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Anybody here have J&J experience? I have appointment in a week.

I got the J&J like a month ago and felt absolutely nothing.

A group of people I work with had chills exactly 12 hours after getting the shot. I was asleep by then and felt nothing. Some people felt ****** but I didn’t feel anything but a numb soreness in my arm for a few hours.

• Informative
Reactions: HFCS
Status
Not open for further replies.