Tyrese Hunter PG '21 - Committed!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Hunter another Prohm recruit that made a huge jump in rankings. Wigginton and Horton-Tucker are others.
I love this kid's all around athletic ability. This is a kid you can really push the pace with because of his speed he will put a ton of pressure on the defense.
5th best HS recruit to ISU in the Rivals era behind Brackins, Wigginton, Taggart, and Horton-Tucker and may move up more.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Hunter another Prohm recruit that made a huge jump in rankings. Wigginton and Horton-Tucker are others.
I love this kid's all around athletic ability. This is a kid you can really push the pace with because of his speed he will put a ton of pressure on the defense.
5th best HS recruit to ISU in the Rivals era behind Brackins, Wigginton, Taggart, and Horton-Tucker and may move up more.

Nice to see Horton-Tucker gets some minutes the other night for the Lakers. I believe he scored 9, and he is really putting in the effort on defense.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Nice to see Horton-Tucker gets some minutes the other night for the Lakers. I believe he scored 9, and he is really putting in the effort on defense.

I am glad for Talen and that he is beginning to fulfill his dreams and get paid $$$ but... my oh my... had he come back last year... completely different season, or so I would think.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
He was a whole year older than kobe when he made his playoff debut. Bustttttt

• Love
Reactions: helechopper

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
He was a whole year older than kobe when he made his playoff debut. Bustttttt

Rabbuk, I get you were joking, but as I was bored I checked the facts and looks like your statement above is actually wrong (FURTHER FACT CHECKING SHOWS I WAS THE ONE WRONG!).

Details: We might think your bolded line above is accurate as Kobe went straight to the NBA from High School and THT invested a year at ISU, but we forget how young THT was when he came to ISU. I believe Kobe was born on 8/23/1978 and had his first playoff game with the Lakers (he came off the bench for only 46 seconds) on 4/25/1997, making him a hand full of days older than 19 years and 8 months. Talen was born on 11/25/2000 and the Lakers had the first playoff game (THT didn't play) on 8/18/2020 making him 19 years 9+ months. While he is about a month and a half older than Kobe was entering the playoffs, if my math is correct (SEE BELOW_IT WASN"T!), and if absent covid we had a normal year timing of playoffs, THT would have actually entered these playoffs younger than Kobe entered his first playoffs!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BigD

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Rabbuk, I get you were joking, but as I was bored I checked the facts and looks like your statement above is actually wrong.

Details: We might think your bolded line above is accurate as Kobe went straight to the NBA from High School and THT invested a year at ISU, but we forget how young THT was when he came to ISU. I believe Kobe was born on 8/23/1978 and had his first playoff game with the Lakers (he came off the bench for only 46 seconds) on 4/25/1997, making him a hand full of days older than 19 years and 8 months. Talen was born on 11/25/2000 and the Lakers had the first playoff game (THT didn't play) on 8/18/2020 making him 19 years 9+ months. While he is about a month and a half older than Kobe was entering the playoffs, if my math is correct, and if absent covid we had a normal year timing of playoffs, THT would have actually entered these playoffs younger than Kobe entered his first playoffs!
It was probably based on:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It wouldn't have made a difference. We would have won the same number of games in the NCAA tournament.
Even if what you say about NCAA tournament games were true, you don't think that a difference between recruits contemplating joining a team that went 12-20 and a team that went 19-13 and narrowly missed the dance is real?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Even if what you say about NCAA tournament games were true, you don't think that a difference between recruits contemplating joining a team that went 12-20 and a team that went 19-13 and narrowly missed the dance is real?
There was no dance. Last year's season was pointless. It would have been a waste for THT to be playing college when he had the opportunity to be get NBA experience and NBA salary.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
There was no dance. Last year's season was pointless. It would have been a waste for THT to be playing college when he had the opportunity to be get NBA experience and NBA salary.
We will have to just disagree on whether a season is pointless if there is no NCAA tournament. It certainly has a point for kids deciding to what school they are going to commit.

It certainly appears that it was a better outcome for THT - on that we can agree.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Am I the only one thinking Prohm should 100% try to land Texas PG Wade Taylor too? I don't think Tyrese will be in America more than 2 Years, and having another lower ranked 4 Star PG to take over would not be a bad thing.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Am I the only one thinking Prohm should 100% try to land Texas PG Wade Taylor too? I don't think Tyrese will be in America more than 2 Years, and having another lower ranked 4 Star PG to take over would not be a bad thing.

im of the opinion that he should take the best available talent if he can make the lineup work. I don’t think you can have enough athletic guards so as long as you have some talented size on the wings and down low