Tyrese Hunter PG '21 - Committed!

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
Honestly I might be more excited for Nunn than Hunter. Go check out the Wisconsin state tournament box scores to see what I am talking about.
Like others have said, I think it’s disingenuous to base one (off) game on how good a guy is. However, I’m really excited for both of these guys. They both seem like absolute dogs and I feel like they’ll both come in and compete for immediate playing time. Both seem like they don’t give a damn who’s in front of them on the roster, they just want to live in the gym and win. Now if we could just get a high quality big

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
2015-16, Stever Prohm's first year at ISU, TJ Otz assistant coach, a little Hilton Music comeback

I say with this roster, need some big time help/transfers, we could have some wins like this next year. I'm hopeful. Still a lot of question marks. But we could be competitive right away? No where to go but up?
PG Tyrese Hunter
SG Rasir Bolton
F Transfer
PF Blake Hinson (Transfer if Blake leaves)
C/F Xavier Foster
Bench: ? Conditt, Harris, Jackson, Walker, ?, other Current Team, transfers, new recruits, Nunn, etc.

From my observation, Blake Hinson is distinctly not a PF.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Would that be Bowie? He had a bit of a rough time there.
I hadn't heard this. Hope he pulled thru OK? Here's what I found shortly after the incident. surgeon thought he (both of them) would make it.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
From my observation, Blake Hinson is distinctly not a PF.
Semantics, PFs play the 5 and wings play the four at Iowa St. I'd love to see a PF that can actually play the 4 on the roster.
You guys would know better than I, for sure. I wonder if we'll even see Blake on an ISU court. Some kind of medical issue? I thought he transfered up here this or last semester. Anyone know if he's still in school here?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Semantics, PFs play the 5 and wings play the four at Iowa St. I'd love to see a PF that can actually play the 4 on the roster.
A Hogue, Mckee, perhaps another Burton (I kind of liked a few of his dunks)? But yes we need someone who can score, play physical, rebound, and someone who can play the 5 for a few minutes to spell Foster?

Actually I think someone else said Foster may be better suited for the wing, even though 7'. So we could use another versatile big man?

Reactions: Cycl0nepower

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Assume TJ is familiar with Nunn since he recruited Kaluma from the same team. On the schools web site they don't have Nunn committed.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Assume TJ is familiar with Nunn since he recruited Kaluma from the same team. On the schools web site they don't have Nunn committed.

Nunn is a verbal commit. My guess is they didn't update their website or they only show kids that signed LOI last November.

As a verbal, Nunn doesn't have to jump through any hoops should he want to re-open up his recruitment. As others have said TJ signed Nunn's teammate, so I would imagine TJ or someone on his UNLV staff saw Nunn play a few times over the winter.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I can't blame the kid. TJ will have to re-recruit him if he wants him.
Edit: I would want him!

Last edited:

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

IMO the Clones would be a better defensive and rebounding team if we played a more traditional post at the 4 vs. what I would call a traditional SF.

Foster is a unique talent, a 6'11" kid who can shoot 3's. Whether he can be a 35%+ shooter from 3 is an open question, but based on his HS and games he played at ISU, he has a nice stroke. ISU could go a couple different ways: we could play big with Conditt and Foster playing at the same time and still have four 3 point shooters on the floor at the same time. Playing those 2 might create some negative defensive matchups. But it would also be a tall backline in a zone.

If Foster can be a 3 point threat, then ISU could bring in a non-traditional player at the 4. ISU could sign a shorter post this spring (ala Kenny Pratt). Have Foster play 4 on offense, but 5 on defense. Have shorter post play 5 on offense and 4 on defense.

I think what is critical is ISU getting 7+ rpg out of our 4. Whether that is Foster or a recruit.

Regarding Hinson at 6'7" he could play some 4, but I think he is a natural SF since 60% of his shots at Ole Miss were 3 pointers. One other thing people have to remember is all these kids have dreams of playing in the NBA. Hinson size and game are probably best suited to being a face the basket 3 in the NBA. And Foster a face the basket 4.

So I think we need to recruit another 4/5 this spring that is more back-to-the-basket type player to share minutes with Conditt.

Last edited:
Reactions: t-noah

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Nunn is a verbal commit. My guess is they didn't update their website or they only show kids that signed LOI last November.

As a verbal, Nunn doesn't have to jump through any hoops should he want to re-open up his recruitment. As others have said TJ signed Nunn's teammate, so I would imagine TJ or someone on his UNLV staff saw Nunn play a few times over the winter.
From what I saw they only won 1 game this year. Maybe I missed something.

• Dumb
Reactions: isu83