Transformers: Age of Explosions..... err...... Extinction

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
It's hilarious that people actually still attend these movies. Just terrible

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Did anyone else see this joke of a movie? I was actually hoping that with Mark Wahlberg this movie might be okay, but it was just AWFUL. Michael Bay literally does it again. How is this guy so ******* rich with these piece of **** movies.

this is Jeremy Jahns review, who I always find entertaining. Warning: keep your speakers down.

[video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=A7CcNY5w4MU[/video]

I saw it late THursday night. Worst movie ever. The dialog is so so bad. Optimus Prime would never tell a human he's going to kill them. Never.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I saw it late THursday night. Worst movie ever. The dialog is so so bad. Optimus Prime would never tell a human he's going to kill them. Never.

Those other auto bots were just awful. They barely even did anything with Bumblebee.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
He's made one good one (The Rock) and the director's cut of Armageddon is okay (He put about 20 minutes back in which I think makes the movie's pace much better, not as frantic as the theatrical cut), but yeah it's been all downhill since then.

Wahlberg with the right director is not bad (i.e. The Fighter) but put him with a hack like Bay then you get lines like "I think I just found a transformer!!!"

Yeah but didn't he make those with Bruckheimer? I think Jerry is what Bay is missing.

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
Bunch of rough critics here! I thought it was bad ***. I don't go to these movies looking for great deep dialogue and a thought provoking plot. I want to see we stuff get blown up and be entertained for a few hours. All of these movies have done exactly that. Guess I'm just looking for something different when I go to a movie. A+ from me...Ill see if a couple more times while it's still in theaters.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Bunch of rough critics here! I thought it was bad ***. I don't go to these movies looking for great deep dialogue and a thought provoking plot. I want to see we stuff get blown up and be entertained for a few hours. All of these movies have done exactly that. Guess I'm just looking for something different when I go to a movie. A+ from me...Ill see if a couple more times while it's still in theaters.

I'm as guilty of taking in a little eye candy every now and then as the next person, but Bay goes overboard with it. I mean, several of the fight/chase scenes in the first three movies leave me scratching my head. Absolutely nothing suggests that hundreds of people get killed, even though the Transformers will absolutely decimate busy highways and office buildings during the course of the fight/chase. At least in some of his other movies, that kind of thing is addressed. But it gets completely ignored in these films, which is one reason why it goes beyond being jam packed with action and turns into mindless crap.

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
If any franchise or property actually needs a complete reboot, it's Transformers. Sure, I enjoyed the first movie, but 2 and 3 were beyond awful.

I grew up with Transformers in the 80's during Generation 1 and even saw the '86 movie in theaters. Bay's movies are so far removed from the original source material that I don't even recognize it. The made the movies more about the lame human characters instead of giving us actual Transformers with personalities.

And the robot designs are still terrible, over-designed messes.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I can't believe people weren't outraged at the first one…it's like the intentionally tried to have the most stupid plot ever. Why anyone watches a transformers movie over watching a Marvel movie for the eighth or ninth time I'll never know…and I have great nostalgia for the property.

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa

That's the problem. Complete lack of knowledge of the source material. Prime said the same thing in the 3rd movie about killing all of the Decepticons. He'd never say anything like that. Sure they got Peter Cullen to do the voice and he even says some of Prime's old catch-phrases, but it's not Prime.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Michael Bay movies have little dialogue, mostly action.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
If you're going to this movie looking for a quality plot, witty dialogue, or a faithful reimagining of the cartoons you're doing it wrong.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If you're going to this movie looking for a quality plot, witty dialogue, or a faithful reimagining of the cartoons you're doing it wrong.

That's what I mean…who has watched all 287 recent superhero, scifi, and action movies that have at least a D grade story and needs to go watch these?

I feel like even if I didn't have a job or family I'd never watch so many action/adventure/hero/scifi movies that I'd be far enough on my watch list to see a 3rd or 4th transformers movie after the first two were among the worst I've ever seen.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I do appreciate how the promos for this have just dropped all reference to sequels and subtitles and simply say "Transformers". At least it's the first of these new over franchising properties to just be honest like…eh…it's another summer…it's another transformers, no need to bother telling you a number or subtitle. Transformers, in theaters.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am actually a Michael Bay junkie. I love his high action movies. I go to the movies for stuff like big explosions. I don't really care how great the story line is. I am not a movie critic. Pretty much like the plannet of the apes new movie. My son and I were watching the previews and there were apes, on horses, with AK47's. We were both excited. I hate hate hate movies where people are trying to win awards. I like to go in and just have two hours of good action.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I am actually a Michael Bay junkie. I love his high action movies. I go to the movies for stuff like big explosions. I don't really care how great the story line is. I am not a movie critic. Pretty much like the plannet of the apes new movie. My son and I were watching the previews and there were apes, on horses, with AK47's. We were both excited. I hate hate hate movies where people are trying to win awards. I like to go in and just have two hours of good action.

I like all that stuff too (I have planet of the apes on freaking laserdisc), but I've seen hundreds of movies with insane premises that still keep me interested in a story. I was bored within 30 minutes of watching effects the first two transformers movies…I happened to see lots of the third one being filmed but couldn't bring myself to watch it.

I just don't get how someone can watch the better marvel movies (almost dozens by now) or the new star trek movies and then still be interested in transformers.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area

This reads like something from The Onion.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This reads like something from The Onion.

Hey you go enjoy the Kings Speach. I am going to watch robots fight each other and I am not affraid to admit it.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006

Hey, I'm on board too. Explosions and excitement is all I care about with summer blockbusters. I've seen all of the major movies so far and this one sucks so bad it's not even funny.