Transformers: Age of Explosions..... err...... Extinction

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
When will people learn. Michael Bay makes terrible movies. As soon as I saw the release trailer I knew it was going to be awful.

Never. He could probably title the next ones "Transformers: More Explosions and ****" and "Transformers: Just Give Us Your Money" and people would buy tickets.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I am actually a Michael Bay junkie. I love his high action movies. I go to the movies for stuff like big explosions. I don't really care how great the story line is. I am not a movie critic. Pretty much like the plannet of the apes new movie. My son and I were watching the previews and there were apes, on horses, with AK47's. We were both excited. I hate hate hate movies where people are trying to win awards. I like to go in and just have two hours of good action.

Im with you on most of it. I didnt mind the previous 3 for the reason you mentioned. But this one was just too incoherent to be enjoyable at 9 bucks a pop. As for Planet of the Apes, I cant wait. But I enjoyed the first one as well. Because there was a reasonable story. You could get attached to characters and bought into the relationship with the family and Caesar. I think the new one will have that as well. With the new transformers, I didnt care what happened to anyone except Optimus. And thats more to do with losing him in my childhood.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
This thread is full of WIN. Pass the Energon Cube!

th

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
And what a waste of Galvatron and the Dinobots. WASTE.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
It was terrible. I had low expectations going in, and it didn't even reach those levels. There are plans to make at least 2 more of these things!

You guys must have way more money than me, either that or I'm just a huge cheapskate.

If I have really low expectations for a movie, I'm not spending $9+ to be disappointed in a theater..

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah seriously especially Galvatron. There was no point in even having him in the movie other than to use the name to get people excited.

Im sure he will have more screen time in the next one or whatever, but I dont really care at this point. When he was created in the 80's movie, it was awesome, almost terrifying what he could do. In this one, he was thrown in and was a big sissy. Bay used a different writer for this movie and the previous two and it was evident. Made no sense whatsoever, just threw **** against a wall to see what stuck. Orci and Kurtzman (Transformers 1, Star Trek, Fringe, etc) have written some great stuff over the years. Their replacement is lacking organizational and big picture skills, plus he doesnt appear to understand the material.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Im sure he will have more screen time in the next one or whatever, but I dont really care at this point. When he was created in the 80's movie, it was awesome, almost terrifying what he could do. In this one, he was thrown in and was a big sissy. Bay used a different writer for this movie and the previous two and it was evident. Made no sense whatsoever, just threw **** against a wall to see what stuck. Orci and Kurtzman (Transformers 1, Star Trek, Fringe, etc) have written some great stuff over the years. Their replacement is lacking organizational and big picture skills, plus he doesnt appear to understand the material.

Yeah it seems obvious the sequels will involve the Quintesson too so who knows.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
And like a dummy, Ill watch them out of curiosity. Rental this time around though. Not fooling me again.

Same. 3 of my buddies and I all get out of the house and go to the late Thursday showings of the summer blockbusters. All 4 of us are Transformers junkies and every single one of us were just disgusted leaving the theater and I didnt even hate part 2 and 3 as much as most other people!

I hope I can wait to watch the next two on rental too but I'm not sure if I have as much willpower as you.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Ok I am sold on the fact that this sucks. Justa few posters who are like myself that like bombs and the first 3 Transformers movies. Then hating this one. So unless my kids want to go on a rainy day. I will just rent this one when it comes out.