Transfer Portal Tracker

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
You literally repeated what I said.

And the reason we’re trying to add one more receiver to the room now is to add experience at the top. This is a development program. Any of those talented youngsters (Ngoyi, Parkes, Black, Essex, Eskildsen or Overby) can be expected to break in with twenty or thirty catches next season, not the fifty or so Scheelhaase would like to see a veteran add to complement Higgins and Noel.

Then in ‘25, those guys will be ready to take on bigger roles.
But you said we were bringing in higher rated guys since the Fiesta Bowl in 2020. So if that were to be true, why would we need to bring in experience at the top, if our top *should* be …as you claimed…higher ranked guys than we’ve had in the past?

We haven’t seen any of the guys that you listed play any meaningful minutes, but now they’re in line for 20-30 catches?

It’s really had to take what you say seriously when a lot of the stuff you claim just simply isn’t true, and you compare incoming freshman to HOF NFL WR’s (for that WR to never play at ISU and transfer out)

Reactions: xboxfever

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
You literally repeated what I said.

And the reason we’re trying to add one more receiver to the room now is to add experience at the top. This is a development program. Any of those talented youngsters (Ngoyi, Parkes, Black, Essex, Eskildsen or Overby) can be expected to break in with twenty or thirty catches next season, not the fifty or so Scheelhaase would like to see a veteran add to complement Higgins and Noel.

Then in ‘25, those guys will be ready to take on bigger roles.

He literally did not repeat what you said. You said we relied on transfers in the first years of CMC then turned the hs recruiting post Fiesta Bowl. Which, if you look strictly at production on field, is not the case. The last HS recruit to lead us in receiving was Deshaunte in 2019. It has been a transfer every year since.

I don’t see how anyone can say we have recruited, developed, and have gotten major production from hs recruited wide receivers outside of 2-3 guys? Noel, Deshaunte,….?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
True, but Hansen and Harris are still here, plus incoming freshman Dylan Lee
Agree, seems like the room is pretty solid. But wouldn't surprise me if we don't add a 5th guy.

Lee is coming in at semester, so the staff should have a pretty good idea if he can contribute in 2024.

I will curious how Harris and Hansen develop this off season. Based on being a Stanford transfer, I expected Harris to play a lot of snaps in 2023. So I feel there are questions there.

After seeing Hansen play some this year, I am excited to see his development over the off-season. He looks like more of a one-cut and go back. Could he be ISU's power back? Can he play any 225-230 and not lose any speed/quickness? At a minimum, he's a solid blacking back and pass catcher.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Agree, seems like the room is pretty solid. But wouldn't surprise me if we don't add a 5th guy.

Lee is coming in at semester, so the staff should have a pretty good idea if he can contribute in 2024.

I will curious how Harris and Hansen develop this off season. Based on being a Stanford transfer, I expected Harris to play a lot of snaps in 2023. So I feel there are questions there.

After seeing Hansen play some this year, I am excited to see his development over the off-season. He looks like more of a one-cut and go back. Could he be ISU's power back? Can he play any 225-230 and not lose any speed/quickness? At a minimum, he's a solid blacking back and pass catcher.
Heard someone say Hansen was a McCaffrey type back. Way too soon to tell though

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Why is WR depth the only concern here? Didn't ISU just lose 2 starting RBs to the portal? Sama is not built to carry 24 times every game.

He runs for TD’s so he doesn’t take the physical punishment that pounders take.

Reactions: wing59

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
But you said we were bringing in higher rated guys since the Fiesta Bowl in 2020. So if that were to be true, why would we need to bring in experience at the top, if our top *should* be …as you claimed…higher ranked guys than we’ve had in the past?

We haven’t seen any of the guys that you listed play any meaningful minutes, but now they’re in line for 20-30 catches?

It’s really had to take what you say seriously when a lot of the stuff you claim just simply isn’t true, and you compare incoming freshman to HOF NFL WR’s (for that WR to never play at ISU and transfer out)
So many errors… :rolleyes:
He literally did not repeat what you said. You said we relied on transfers in the first years of CMC then turned the hs recruiting post Fiesta Bowl. Which, if you look strictly at production on field, is not the case. The last HS recruit to lead us in receiving was Deshaunte in 2019. It has been a transfer every year since.

I don’t see how anyone can say we have recruited, developed, and have gotten major production from hs recruited wide receivers outside of 2-3 guys? Noel, Deshaunte,….?
He LITERALLY repeated EXACTLY what I said—and then you did too. And then you try to tell me something I distinctly did NOT say.

I said that the teams had been led in receiving by returnees, then transfers and JC’s through the first several years of the program. That would be guys like Lazard and Butler, transitioning to guys X and Eaton and Pettway.

This Fall was the first time since Deshaunte a CMC recruit led—but #2 was yet another transfer.

Starting from the top:

A. The Fiesta Bowl was 2021, not ‘20. And the first recruiting class that season impacted was the ‘22 class—the recruiting impact of a season is always the year after.

B. That ‘22 class of WR’s was Gaines, Essex and Adams. A four star, a high three star and a guy who had run a 10.49 100m. They were a clear step up in profile from preceding classes. That two didn’t pan out had little to do with actual talent.

C. The HS classes of what turned out to be actual WR’s prior to them were Scates, Shaw and Schlecker (‘18), Anderson and James (‘19), Jackson and Bitter (‘20) and Noel and Michaud (‘21).

Scates was a fluke signing (as was Isheem Young, but for very different reasons) because of his academics, and while Noel was merely a three star, he’s the only other player who profiles athletically with the last two (now three) WR signing classes.

Essex will only be a sophomore next Fall. Ngoyi, Black and Parkes are another notch up athletically from the ‘22 class—as are Eskildsen and Overby.

D. Deshaunte Jones caught 37 passes as a true freshman, Noel 39. I’m not sure how anyone could expect a young player to catch more than that in a possible breakout year next season. Or, conversely, how anyone can say that 20-30 catches isn’t a realistic possibility for a freshman.

I’m not saying that one of them will, I’m saying that’s the most can be expected from them.

Anyway, that is why the staff is looking for an upperclassman to come in and add experience to the room. Because a third wideout who could snare fifty would better complement Noel and Higgins.