To all the Prohm Haters...

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Recently? So you have said it before?

It’s a pretty consistent pattern here. Basketball is a game of ebbs and flows. Especially when playing good to great teams.

The reality is that it’s way beyond just x’s and o’s With this coach for some reason. But you immediately jump to every criticism is somehow the same.

It isn’t. And you know this. But you still threw a huge ol man made of straw out there
I’m not replying to you so the thread gets back on topic.

EJ4CY

Feb 11, 2007
Lenexa KS
You really don’t think he coached that team his first year?

Because if you don’t, then your first statement is a lie
I don’t think anything. He was quoted by espn during the Kansans game saying he didn’t coach that team that he left the system in place and let them control the play.
And that’s just facts. My OPINION is prohm has not proven he can win in games with slow tempo in half court sets and has caused leads to disappear in the final 5 minutes by slowing us down and our points per possession to decrease. You may now tell me your “agenda” of why I’m wrong. Feel free but if you do please support it with facts.

Last edited:

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I don’t think anything. He was quoted by espn during the Kansans game saying he didn’t coach that team that he left the system in place and let them control the play.
And that’s just facts. My OPINION is prohm has not proven he can win in games with slow tempo in half court sets and has caused leads to disappear in the final 5 minutes by slowing us down and our points per possession to decrease. You may now tell me your “agenda” of why I’m wrong. Feel free but if you do please support it with facts.

You really think that he didn’t coach that team? Wow.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Oh FFS...

Are you honestly bent out of shape because I returned fire on a guy who insulted me?

You act like it's an isolated incident. A simple search of your posts and anyone can see you attack anyone who you disagree with.

I tell you what, I won't even mention the word Prohm the rest of the season and I won't post in a game thread win or lose if you can simply quit attacking people, clean up your language, and not start dumb posts like this everytime we win 1 game?

Deal?

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
1) You did not spend any time on this board after Saturday's loss. That is exactly what happened. Get yourself a frame of reference first (to quote Walter Sobchak in "The Big Lebowski") before spouting off.

2) What's your definition of "devout"? Obviously I'm a defender of him (as I frankly am of most coaches, at least from the armchair quarterback mentality that exists on these type of websites). I have written in this very thread that he is not immune from receiving criticism; I do think it's unfair for posters to keep on harping about out of bounds plays following a road victory over a Top 10 team to try to make the point that he's a bad coach. If that makes me "devout", so be it.

3) See #1.

4) Take a personal shot at me, I'll shoot back; we've never met, and you don't know a damn thing about me. GFY, and blow it out your a$$.

Based on your profile pic I don't think we'd get along. You reek of beta

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

40CoupeGuy

Feb 28, 2015
Iowa
Well said. I admire the talent and grit of the players. I admire the coaching staff efforts to put together a cohesive team while dealing with multiple injuries.
I am a proud ISU grad.
Can’t wait for each game...every sport...ever year.

Reactions: flycy

EJ4CY

Feb 11, 2007
Lenexa KS
he coached through Niang however offensive sets weren't his they were 100% the same Hoiberg system and sets, players had much more autonomy to self manage and they called a lot of their own sets. I don't understand why you are hung up on a quote from prohm during the Kansas game, versus my entire point being about half court sets and slowing tempo. chill out there amigo...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cat Stevens

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
You act like it's an isolated incident. A simple search of your posts and anyone can see you attack anyone who you disagree with.

I tell you what, I won't even mention the word Prohm the rest of the season and I won't post in a game thread win or lose if you can simply quit attacking people, clean up your language, and not start dumb posts like this everytime we win 1 game?

Deal?

Even if I had any interest in your "deal", why would I expect you to keep your word?

Last Saturday you told all of us that you were taking a temporary hiatus for the rest of the month from this site, yet here you are not even a week later.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
Feel free to review the thread "Prohm in Close Games" which provides ample evidence that Prohm has a pretty solid record in late game situations. And actually during the 2016 and 2017 season Prohm deliberately wanted to the team to learn how to play slower while still being efficient- which is important in regards to controlling pace and closing games.

There seems to be this dogmatic and nostalgic sentiment regarding certain aspects of "Hoiball". While it was successful, there are other ways to win games. If anything Prohm has been quite effective at making his ISU teams play more situational while improving mightily on the defensive side too.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Even if I had any interest in your "deal", why would I expect you to keep your word?

Last Saturday you told all of us that you were taking a temporary hiatus for the rest of the month from this site, yet here you are not even a week later.

You called me out in person so I decided to respond while this post was still fresh. Why wouldnt you have interest in my deal? You can quit being upset towards everyone on this site that doesnt agree with you and at the same time won't have to listen to me complain anymore.

It will be much easier for me honestly, I rarely watch conference games live so I normally dont post in game threads and Im actually quite content with where we are right now. I got too high of expectations after the Kansas game.

I honestly dont think you can stop dropping F bombs and attacking people. If I was a betting man I'd say we'll have around 3 or 4 more losses like the Baylor and K-State games where this board is in full meltdown mode, at that point you wont be able to resist going after people.

• Dislike
Reactions: SerenityNow

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Why does every win and loss turn into some fight between people about Prohm and Hoiberg? Why can't we like them both and also be critical of each one without it being a reflection on the other?

Because Internet.
Now stand by while I decide the right level of cold-hearted analysis of your intellect or lack thereof.

Reactions: Halincandenza

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
Do I miss Fred? Sure I do. He was a home grown kid done good story, hell he was a ball boy for our games when he was growing up. I grew up in Ames, and watched him in high school before he came to ISU. I was apprehensive when JP hired him with no coaching experience, but he made the decision look like genius.

Am I happy Prohm is here? Hell yes! He's attracting better prep players, and still keeps his eyes on filling a void with transfers, if needed. A trend Fred didn't start, but turned into an art form. I like Prohm's approach better. We're now attracting blue chip players that previous coaches never pursued. We'll have a one and done once in a while maybe, but the ones that stay for the long haul will leave not just as quality athletes. His players will also leave the program as better people. That benefits the team, the university, the communities they will raise their families in... It shouldn't just be about the sport, and with Prohm and most Cyclones fans, it's not.

Fred's success enabled JP to attract a quality coach, and a quality person to replace him.
I wish Fred all the best in whatever he decides to do, and will miss him, but the Mayor is dead, Long Live the Mayor!!

I know I say this too much, but almost everything we have achieved recently can be directly attributed to JP. He has made so many improvements across the board that ISU athletics coaching positions are destination jobs, rather than a springboard to another place, and when we do lose someone like Fred, I don't worry, 'cause JP will find someone just as good, or better. Because of JP Cyclone athletics are no longer an afterthought to potential recruits and their families... Plus he has garnered us nationwide respect with the media, a fact that is often overlooked.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You reek of dumbsh!t.

Language my man, language. You know kids read this site right?

Is your goal to turn this into a complete dumpster fire like Hawkeyenation where they dont even have enough interest to moderate language anymore? Seriously, go read that site, its all F -bombs, all the time.

I used to read it for basketball talk, now its a complete cesspool, I hope this place doesnt turn into that. You chilling out and respecting people is a good start.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron