Tiger is back!

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It's Mayweather v. Pacquiao for golf.

Something people wanted to see but 5 years too late. And it will still be wildly popular.

I'd say it's 13 years too late but both of those guys are top 20ish players right now. Phil's 8th in Fedex Cup points and Tiger's like 45th or something playing very few events. I also think the history they have adds to something like this where they're mic'd up. When I think about who else I'd like to see, you have Rory as one obvious one but everyone else that is very accomplished is kind of boring and no one has real history. I think they need to do it out west in prime time and really use it as an entertainment piece over a golf match. I want to hear the trash talk and don't really care about the golf portion.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonedave25

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Having those guys mic’d up would be extremely entertaining. Hearing what they have to say would be more entertaining than the golf.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
If I remember right they did a couple one on one events a few years ago.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'd watch a skins game with a collection of top players. No interest in watching a Woods vs Lefty thingie.

Sighclone Fan

Jan 19, 2008
I dunno. I guess I can feel like I can have a good time and still think that a white collar criminal and a serial adulterer are world class dicks. But maybe I’m going to the wrong parties?

I drove Tiger from the course to his hotel during the Ryder cup in 2016, as part of being a transportation volunteer. He was really genuine and we had an amazing conversation. I know he did some terrible things, but I'd like to think he's changed for the better since then.

I'd compare him to Michael Jackson as far as their upbringing goes. Golf was his life. I think he missed out on some things. But he's single handily made golf a big time sport in America.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I think Wolf with four top-end golfers would be fascinating.

That's a great idea. The Ryder cup is great because it's different and because it's a team event, and the same ol' stroke play events have gone on forever. Recently the stroke play events have been snoozers - someone always wins by five and the announcers have nothing to talk about for two hours. Throw in some sandies, greenies, etc. and make each of them swap cash after every hole. Condense it down into an hour or two of televised coverage and you might even snag some primetime slots.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I drove Tiger from the course to his hotel during the Ryder cup in 2016, as part of being a transportation volunteer. He was really genuine and we had an amazing conversation. I know he did some terrible things, but I'd like to think he's changed for the better since then.

I'd compare him to Michael Jackson as far as their upbringing goes. Golf was his life. I think he missed out on some things. But he's single handily made golf a big time sport in America.

If you read the newest biography on him, it's easy to understand why he's been ****** up. The male role in his life was not a good one and to be honest, it's surprising he made it as long as he did before a meltdown and it's surprising the meltdown wasn't worse. Earl Woods was a huge piece of ****.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
If you read the newest biography on him, it's easy to understand why he's been ****** up. The male role in his life was not a good one and to be honest, it's surprising he made it as long as he did before a meltdown and it's surprising the meltdown wasn't worse. Earl Woods was a huge piece of ****.

At what point can you quit blaming the parents for the tantrums and sexcapades of a 42 year old man?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
At what point can you quit blaming the parents for the tantrums and sexcapades of a 42 year old man?

Blame and causation are not the same thing. Besides, we let people off the hook all the time because of the situation they were born into.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
he's single handily made golf a big time sport in America.
source.gif