This is why Prohm must go........

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
Right. That’s it. You’re in fire today. I’m glad you had the opportunity to express yourself. It’s been enlightening, to say the least.

But to answer, it’s because I’m actually a fan of the teams from my school. My support doesn’t waiver

Yeah that’s right you just blame outside factors and say everyone is out to get us when we don’t win. It’s never something the coach could have done differently. It’s always the officials.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
A good coach has his players ready to play. He failed to do that last night. Let’s face it, if the tournament wasn’t in KC we wouldn’t have won. And if you guys are good with winning conference tournaments and getting bounced in the first game maybe we shouldn’t play in the NCAA and end the year on a good note.

You really are quite daft, aren't you?

Do you honestly anybody is happy about losing last night? No, you dumbshit. But, it's called March Madness, and with a bad matchup, and some apparently really ****** officiating (full disclosure, I didn't get to watch the game last night, and probably won't on DVR), upsets happen, especially in those 6/11 games. I'm disappointed and upset for the team that it's all over with, but I'm also not going to let it completely ruin my own view of the whole season.

If you can't feel any happiness over winning the Big 12 conference championship yet openly want the coach fired, guess what? You're not really a Cyclone fan.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Yes, Steve Prohm’s in-game coaching has definite areas that could be improved, but do not sour on everything else he brings to the table (recruiting, development, ambassador, etc.).

This would be much different if he had just missed the tournament for a second consecutive year, but he didn’t.

I get maddened just as much as the next guy with many of the things brought up in this thread, but if he’s a good coach, he will learn and improve.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
Yes, Steve Prohm’s in-game coaching has definite areas that could be improved, but do not sour on everything else he brings to the table (recruiting, development, ambassador, etc.).

This would be much different if he had just missed the tournament for a second consecutive year, but he didn’t.

I get maddened just as much as the next guy with many of the things brought up in this thread, but if he’s a good coach, he will learn and improve.
My 3 year old learns and improves too but he doesn't get paid millions.

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
You really are quite daft, aren't you?

Do you honestly anybody is happy about losing last night? No, you dumbshit. But, it's called March Madness, and with a bad matchup, and some apparently really ****** officiating (full disclosure, I didn't get to watch the game last night, and probably won't on DVR), upsets happen, especially in those 6/11 games. I'm disappointed and upset for the team that it's all over with, but I'm also not going to let it completely ruin my own view of the whole season.

If you can't feel any happiness over winning the Big 12 conference championship yet openly want the coach fired, guess what? You're not really a Cyclone fan.

More of a Cyclone fan than you ever will be. I was in KC and Tulsa. You didn’t watch the game cause you’re not a fan. And you’re just another fan who knows nothing about the game and blames officiating (when you didn’t even watch). So that to just tells me all I need to know about you. You’re the kind of guy who follows others and can’t form opinions or thoughts of your own.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
More of a Cyclone fan than you ever will be. I was in KC and Tulsa. You didn’t watch the game cause you’re not a fan. And you’re just another fan who knows nothing about the game and blames officiating (when you didn’t even watch). So that to just tells me all I need to know about you. You’re the kind of guy who follows others and can’t form opinions or thoughts of your own.

I had a commitment last night, jackwagon.

I stand by everything I've written about you this morning. You've been on Cyclonefanatic for less than a year now, and I've never seen your handle until after we lose.

GFY.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
My 3 year old learns and improves too but he doesn't get paid millions.

And if he stops winning (making tournament appearances and winning conference tournament championships), he will no longer be making millions.

The list of schools who would fire Prohm for the results he’s had so far is pretty short.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
And if he stops winning (making tournament appearances and winning conference tournament championships), he will no longer be making millions.

The list of schools who would fire Prohm for the results he’s had so far is pretty short.
For me, at least in my mind, next year is a crucial year in Prohm’s tenure. How the program, coach, and team respond next year will be very telling.

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
I had a commitment last night, jackwagon.

I stand by everything I've written about you this morning. You've been on Cyclonefanatic for less than a year now, and I've never seen your handle until after we lose.

GFY.

No one cares about your opinion. You know nothing about basketball. Who cares the amount of time I spend on CF. I have a life outside of online forums unlike some on here.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Tough way to end the season. Didn't read anything in this thread because I'm sure it's a bunch of hot takes from some of the most amazing minds in our fanbase.

The worst thing about losing isn't just that our season is over with and ended in disappointment; it's that the anti-Prohm brigade, the vocal minority of posters who have hated and been against him since Day 1, are coming out of the woodwork now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron