This is why Prohm must go........

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
Well thank goodness the guys that don’t accept mediocrity support group has arrived.

I just really wish you guys could be honest. But as we’ve seen in all genres, group think is based upon partial truths, and propaganda designed to target the folks unwilling to do the work and critically think for themselves.

That is the very essence of what it means to be mediocre. So the irony is strong.

Funny coming from the guy complaining in the in game thread last night about officiating every page. Officiating was poor but this loss was on CSP. A poor excuse for a coach. No fight for his players. No change in his game plan. When officials are **** you have to ride them. When you’re constantly in their ear they will look for what you want and call it more tight. But CSP goes to Church every Sunday

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Why? He will do nothing for us but provide mediocrity. Four years here 3 tournament wins against Iona, Arkansas Little Rock, Nevada. Losses in the tournament to Virginia, Purdue, and Ohio State. See the trend there? Looking back at it, it’s embarrassing. So much of Fred’s players were the reason you people think he is a good coach. A sweet sixteen was great but he had Niang, Nader, Morris, Burton, Thomas, McKay. I am missing someone else but that’s a lot of talent. If you want mediocrity that’s fine, but I expect more. He is a great recruiter but that only gets you so far when you can’t adjust anything during the game.

This is stupid post and you should feel stupid for posting it, if indeed you are capable of self-awareness in the first place.

Do you dumba$$es who are screaming and complaining about beating double digit seeds in the tournament even understand how seeding works in the NCAA tournament? The reason we have victories over teams like Iona, etc., is because those are the "mid major" kind of teams you play when you are seeded 4th or 5th, and they are a 12 or 13 seed. Are we really supposed to be angry that we only beat a 12 seed Arkansas Little Rock who was good enough (and well coached enough by Chris Beard back then) to be able to come back against and then beat 5th seeded Purdue in the first round back in 2016? That's a shameful victory? FFS, you idiots wouldn't be happy with a national championship unless we had to beat the NBA's Western conference All-Star team to do it.

You should be equally unhappy with the 2014 team for beating NC Central in the first round, but since that team was led by your Golden Boy who you still cry and pine over I'm sure you consider it one of his best victories during his tenure at Iowa State.

Last edited:

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
WE GOT IT.

I was really disappointed we hadn’t heard from the people who don’t accept mediocrity. Especially people with 4 posts since 2014. You’d think their refusal to accept mediocrity would have bubbled to the surface before then. Their aversion to mediocrity must have finally had their Network moment.

I am just disappointed that there are so many others on here that have allowed the acceptance of mediocrity to seep into their fandom. Thank goodness that this guy has come along to jolt them out of their malaise.

The acceptance of mediocrity must not be tolerated. Thank you for showing us the way Sensai. The mission going forward will be to eradicate the tacit acceptance, dare I say approval, of the slightest hint of mediocrity from our teams and coaches. As soon as we see even the slightest hint of anyone associated with Iowa State accepting anything remotely resembling even the slightest hint of mediocrity, they will need to be held accountable with the most strident consequences for having the audacity to believe that being mediocre is in any way shape or form acceptable.

It’s the same stuff from you people. Just because people don’t spend several hours on CF each day doesn’t mean their opinion is invalid. Sorry some of us have lives?

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
I am not on the Prohm needs to go train yet (won the Big 12 Tourney and got us to NCAA) but I just wish he was more like Izzo or Coach K in communicating with the refs and calling out their bull$hit when he sees it . And he needs to be better at making in-game adjustments and playing the players that create the mismatches. When a guy is having and off night like THT and Jacobson last night were, sit them and put in Conditt or Talley.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Why? He will do nothing for us but provide mediocrity. Four years here 3 tournament wins against Iona, Arkansas Little Rock, Nevada. Losses in the tournament to Virginia, Purdue, and Ohio State. See the trend there? Looking back at it, it’s embarrassing. So much of Fred’s players were the reason you people think he is a good coach. A sweet sixteen was great but he had Niang, Nader, Morris, Burton, Thomas, McKay. I am missing someone else but that’s a lot of talent. If you want mediocrity that’s fine, but I expect more. He is a great recruiter but that only gets you so far when you can’t adjust anything during the game.
You are such a spolied insufferable whiner.

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
I am not on the Prohm needs to go train yet (won the Big 12 Tourney and got us to NCAA) but I just wish he was more like Izzo or Coach K in communicating with the refs and calling out their bull$hit when he sees it . And he needs to be better at making in-game adjustments and playing the players that create the mismatches. When a guy is having and off night like THT and Jacobson last night were, sit them and put in Conditt or Talley.

He got out coached by Fran...

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Prohm is fine, and I am glad he is the Iowa State Basketball Coach. He represents my Alma Mater very well on and off the court, and Iowa State has a solid program. Disappointing last night, but Basketball is about match-ups, and that was a tough, tough match-up for ISU. Funny thing is that I was happy with the fight in the players - even though they couldn't win it in the end. They were up against it for 40 minutes, but they didn't roll over. Lots of credit to Ohio State too.

It's all about perspective folks. I have lived out of state since 1995, and I have not been to a game at Hilton since the 2000 season. One day soon, I look forward to seeing the Banners that have been hung since that time including this year's Big Xii Tournament Championship Banner! Tough season in many ways and a tough loss to the Buckeyes, but this will be an honored ISU team down the line. Let's Go State!

On to next year!

Last edited:

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Solid post yet again. It’s funny because you can’t bring anything to disprove what I have said. Enjoy your summer my friend. I know you will spend the majority of it hyping up expectations for next year just to fall flat.

You would be wrong. I’m not an expectations guy.

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018

If you didn't post anything after last weekend's Big 12 championship run but are posting like a mad man after last night, then clearly success under Prohm isn't something you're interested in.

A good coach has his players ready to play. He failed to do that last night. Let’s face it, if the tournament wasn’t in KC we wouldn’t have won. And if you guys are good with winning conference tournaments and getting bounced in the first game maybe we shouldn’t play in the NCAA and end the year on a good note.

Lineup

Jan 7, 2017
The problems of Not shooting well and Kalib Wesson sealed our doom...guys we still had a great season...we went to Kansas City and won the tournament and brought home the hardware.....forget this Ohio St game and think of the KCity run instead......and remember GO Cyclones
We are Iowa State

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
Okay, fire the coach and hire who? Hoiberg? It appears Nebraska has him. Tough loss but a good season.

• Disagree
Reactions: DuneFan

Help Support Us

Become a patron