This is why Prohm must go........

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
North Carolina is 10-12, 3-8. I doubt they are calling for Williams' head on a platter. We have some great recruits coming next year. Better days are ahead of us.
I thought I’ve seen the dumbest takes on political twitter this week but this takes the cake. How unequivocally dense are you? Roy has 3 ncaa titles since 05, multiple final 4, elite 8 and sweet 16 appearances since and a loaded class coming in for 2020 with actual McDonald’s all Americans. Prohm’s last two recruiting classes (2019 and 2020) are rated in the bottom half of the conference.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I was going for a Major League reference, but to answer your question Oklahoma State is even worse and hasn't won a single game yet.
But yet found a way by hiring someone that means a lot to a top 5 recruit to land him for a year to win 3-4 big 12 games. Lol

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I thought I’ve seen the dumbest takes on political twitter this week but this takes the cake. How unequivocally dense are you? Roy has 3 ncaa titles since 05, multiple final 4, elite 8 and sweet 16 appearances since and a loaded class coming in for 2020 with actual McDonald’s all Americans. Prohm’s last two recruiting classes (2019 and 2020) are rated in the bottom half of the conference.

And somehow Prohm will have drama that he can't keep a lid on and those players will continue the cycle.

Where's the leadership? Prohm certainty doesn't seem like a leader or a P5 coach at this point....and the sample size is growing

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
In case you haven't noticed, and judging by the attendance you haven't, the Cyclones have managed to win a couple Big 12 games, and are threatening to climb out of the cellar.
I can tell you haven’t watched this team at all this year. Also, I’m not sure if you know this or not, but we are 9-13 overall.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Exactly, I know these guys play hard and want to win. I love these guys but don’t like a coach who can’t coach....
The majority of the long, long time ISU fans that I know are also long time season ticket holders and will not criticize Prohm. Remaining positive is an admirable approach, but at some point looking like everything is ok, when it's not, is just blind love. I think there is no problem with expressing disapproval of a coach and his staff when they are losing. Mostly because they are being paid large sums of money today so they are open targets. I back off on blasting the players because they are only 18-22 year old kids. I just do not think Prohm has instilled a toughness into this group.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I guess we have to define cellar.

Is bottom 3 of the B12 the cellar?

Or does cellar mean last place and only last place?
If cellar only means last place to that posters standards, we were never in the cellar when McDermott was here according to him.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Most of you guys here. Although when Yul did it he was cool, you guys, not so much.

giphy.gif

Reactions: LincolnSwinger

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
The majority of the long, long time ISU fans that I know are also long time season ticket holders and will not criticize Prohm. Remaining positive is an admirable approach, but at some point looking like everything is ok, when it's not, is just blind love. I think there is no problem with expressing disapproval of a coach and his staff when they are losing. Mostly because they are being paid large sums of money today so they are open targets. I back off on blasting the players because they are only 18-22 year old kids. I just do not think Prohm has instilled a toughness into this group.
To each their own I guess. How can they not criticize the coach? We have 9 wins, even mcdoormatt would have 12 by now mostly on a soft pre conference...but not prohm. I don’t even care right now win or lose, mostly because I expect them to lose so I don’t even get bothered by it. That’s not good, still love the team...still love the cyclones but won’t get emotionally invested in it and spend my time doing almost anything else now. It’s hard to watch them now

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
And somehow Prohm will have drama that he can't keep a lid on and those players will continue the cycle.

Where's the leadership? Prohm certainty doesn't seem like a leader or a P5 coach at this point....and the sample size is growing
Transfers, suspensions, guys leaving for “the draft” early. Sounds terrible every year but he benches guys also because he wants them succeeding off the court too. Hopefully he drinks natty light with a co Ed from Baylor soon

cycloneinpdx

Jul 10, 2013
Twin Cities
One way to not get upset is to not watch or listen- like I did tonight. I’ve done that more the past two seasons than in my entire life of Cyclone fandom. I keep hearing the same from others and those who don’t go to the games anymore because it’s not fun, or entertaining to watch this kind of ball.

This is one of my bigger issues with Prohm. I can understand rebuilding. I get that losing streaks are a normal thing, especially for teams with less average talent on the roster.

But good god, it is just painful to watch us on both ends of the court and it has been that way for a while. We have a NBA lottery pick running point! And we are still boring as sin.

It's egregious. Especially because it (and Prohm's asinine time outs when we make a good play) kills any momentum we get at home, which could be the difference between getting blown out by a better team and pulling off an upset.

Can you imagine if we had any sort of a motion offense and actually consistently pressed the ball consistently after defensive stops and when taking the ball out of bounds? Haliburton would be an absolute monster, even more than he already is. And it would be fun to watch, even if we didn't win a ton more than we have so far.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I don’t see how Prohm rights the ship without the 2020 recruiting class exceeding all expectations. I just don’t see him ever changing anything for the better or making any improvements.

He better be bringing in a fantastic new bench coach next year or he’s all but done soon.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

This! We should have saw it coming in Prohm's first year at ISU when he was basically letting the players coach the team for the first 3/4 of the season. I don't care how good the players are that you inherit when taking over a team, YOU have to be the coach no matter what.

This year's team is not just losing games, they are getting blown out. Prohm should not be back next year.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
This is one of my bigger issues with Prohm. I can understand rebuilding. I get that losing streaks are a normal thing, especially for teams with less average talent on the roster.

But good god, it is just painful to watch us on both ends of the court and it has been that way for a while. We have a NBA lottery pick running point! And we are still boring as sin.

It's egregious. Especially because it (and Prohm's asinine time outs when we make a good play) kills any momentum we get at home, which could be the difference between getting blown out by a better team and pulling off an upset.

Can you imagine if we had any sort of a motion offense and actually consistently pressed the ball consistently after defensive stops and when taking the ball out of bounds? Haliburton would be an absolute monster, even more than he already is. And it would be fun to watch, even if we didn't win a ton more than we have so far.
Honestly, I think we are decent as far as talent goes. Probably middle of the pack in the Big 12. So the problem has to be coaching. And it is. It's easy to spot that when watching games this season. Player development seems like an issue, minus Haliburton of course. I think with the right coach, Griffin could be a dominant player.

Kinda funny how so many people on here would get mad and want to decapitate those of us that said Prohm isn't the right guy for the job, and now almost everyone is on board with that.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Especially because it (and Prohm's asinine time outs when we make a good play) kills any momentum we get at home, which could be the difference between getting blown out by a better team and pulling off an upset

The time outs are mind boggling. Don’t tell me they’re to set the Defense. Kids should know the plan. They destroy momentum and runs. They, in part, have destroyed Hilton Magic.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron